Chapter Four

Chapter Four

I remember the conversation I had with Jared about and God I wasn't thrilled with this situation.

I continued to growl in irritation as I stomped through the garden, Mace following in tow. From behind me, I could hear him snicker at my dismay.

"If you don't stop laughing right now, I will happily rip out your voice box and put you on permanent mute mode." I flipped Mace from behind me, lifting my hand up and giving him my middle finger while I continued to walk which only made Mace laugh louder.

"C'mon, you know Jared only chose you because you're one of our strongest fighters and—" Mace jogged faster to catch up with me, nudging me with his elbow before he continued; "—you got to show these wolves what you're made of." I looked at Mace for a moment, a wide smile on his face as he sent a wink my way. It made me smile unconsciously, I couldn't help but let a smile spread on my lips as Mace spoke and lifted my spirit up.

It was the first training session with the Midnight Forrest pack, and Jared being the annoying older brother he aspires to be for me had personally decided to make me the leader of the sessions—meaning I would have to spend hours with a pack that didn't even want me and probably didn't even notice when I left.

Mace being one of the best people I have ever met, he decided to sit through the training session to watch over me. So I guess it's a plus that I wouldn't be completely alone with these ungrateful mutts.

"Alright! Everyone line up." I called out, however, I quickly noticed that no one seemed to be listening to me. I looked around and saw that the girls were all huddled up in different groups talking amongst themselves and the boys seemed to be playfully roughing each other up.

Was this their way of training?

Mace looked at me for a moment, nodding towards the job as if to ask if he should get their attention however I shook my head and stepped forward ready to get everyone's attention.

I lifted my fingers up and placed them in my mouth, ringing out a loud whistle that shook everyone out of the childish actions, their heads snapping towards me. "Line up, now!" I yelled out my order and watched as both boys and girls made their way to the middle and soon enough that formed a horizontal line.

I was quick to start up the training, splitting everyone into a ground of two and showing them training techniques with Mace and soon enough everyone was doing their own trainings within their pairs.

As I walked through the garden, looking at each pair, I noticed one girl resting on the grass near the front of the garden—clearly she decided she didn't need to participate in bettering her wolf.

I walked over to her, leaving Mace to continue watching and critiquing the pairs, and cleared my throat causing the girl to cover her eyes from the sun and peek from one as she looked up at me.

"Yes?" I recognised the girl to Natalia Wilsons. Natalia used to be such a terrible person towards me, she was always the one picking on me and attacking me when I wasn't doing anything. She looked the same somehow, her blonde was the same cool blonde that I used to envy when I went to school with her and her physique was still extraordinary—she was always one of best at keeping up with her figure however she was never too good and fighting.

"Would you like to explain why exactly you think you don't need to participate in the training?" Natalia raised her brow at me for a moment, sitting upwards as she continued to scan me. As if the lights had switched on within her, she gasped and a ghost smirk appeared on her lips.

"Reese?" She questioned, excitement heating off of her. "Wow, it really is you! This is where you ran off to then?" She giggled, falling down on the ground and continued doing what she was doing before I walked over—which was absolutely nothing. "Not going to lie, you look kinda alright. Finally lost the baby fat?" She spoke up, her eyes shut and her hands behind her head.

I rolled my eyes. She was always an annoying little girl, I just never had the energy to give her what she deserved. "Get up and train." She peeked through one eye again before letting out a laugh.

"No thanks,"

"Enlighten me why not." She sighed, lifting herself to sit up again and looked up at me with an irritated glint in her eye.

"Luna's don't need to train." I froze.

Luna?

My eyes darted at Hayden, who was in the kitchen with Jared and Nicole. Our eyes met for a moment however I couldn't make out what he was feeling through the glaze of the window.

He chose Natalia over me.

"You're the Luna?" I repeated, my wolf whining in my head. I held my head high as it soaked in—Hayden had rejected me within a second thought and then chose to make Natalia Wilsons his mate over me. It was understandable how gorgeous she was but what was all she really was—a pretty face.

Was that really all Hayden needed for someone to require to be his Luna?

It hurt, I was hurt. But I would never show it.

Natalia laughed, lifting herself off the ground with grace as she dusted off her leggings before tilting her head at me with a ghost smirk on her face. "How does it feel? Knowing your mate chose me over you?" My eyes widened slightly at her words which she noticed, laughing at my reactions. "Oh yes, everyone still remembers the time that Hayden rejected you. Hell, I think about it when I'm down, it's a real mood booster." She shrugged with a devious smile on her face. I raised a brow at her, my tongue running over the base of my teeth as I narrowed my eyes at the she-wolf in front of me.

I walked away from her, getting a good distance between us.

"Shift."