one

Zayn

'The Bradford bad boy is back in Bradford!' the tweet read. You had grown up being best friends with Zayn Malik. Yeah, the one in the band One Direction. Anyways, the key word was had. You never talked to him anymore, and sadly, if he came up to you and started talking, it would probably be like making small talk with a stranger. You tried to keep in touch but you really only talked once a month. You didn't know him that well anymore, but that was life. You weren't mad or anything, I mean, he was a busy guy! He didn't have free time to text you about crap that was irrelevant to him. You had been in love with him though. You couldn't help but wonder where you to would be if he had never left. You started fantasying like you did anytime Zayn's name came up, as you walked into McDonalds for a fast breakfast on the way to work. You got in line and waited. And waited. And waited. The guy in front of you would not make up his mind and it was really pissing you off. You looked at your phone for the time. Great you were running late. Finally you taped him on the shoulder and said: "look bro, I'm kind of in a hurry, so if you could order sometime today, that would be awesome!" you felt bad for being rude but you we hungry, late, and impatient. He kind of had it coming. "Bro?" he asked turning around so you could see his face. You couldn't believe who was standing in front of you. "Zayn?" you asked, even though it was clear as day who he was "the one and only" he smirked and held out his hands for a hug and you took it. "So are you still in a hurry or can you be a little late?" he asked hopefully. "I guess I can be a little late." You smiled. You ordered and took a seat at a table together. "So (y/n)" he began but you interrupted with your own question, "how long are you here? You asked, praying his answer was: for a long time. Just because you didn't know him as well as you used to, didn't mean you didn't want him to stay. "Well... someone wants me home!" he smiled and bit his lip. "Of course I want you home!" you told him. "I like being home" he replied, still smiling. Zayn kept biting his lip; you could tell he was thinking. "What are you thinking about?" you asked. "How could you tell I was thinking?" he questioned you. "You always bit your lip when you think Zayn. Did you think I would forget?" "I guess not," he smiled. "So what is it?" you pushed. "Its just- I've played this moment in my head about a million times" he confessed. "What moment?" you asked confused. "The moment that I come back to Bradford and tell you I've had a crush on you since 9th grade." He stated, looking up at you through his long eyelashes, smiling. You felt your face get hot. "I've played it in my head to" "really?!" his eyes lit up and his smile got 10 times wider. "Really!" you nodded. "So... do you think that while I'm here we ca-" you smashed your lips to his, pulling back only to say that you would go out with him.