ex

"It's going to be so weird", you made a face an put your hair into a high ponytail. 

"Nah, don't say that. You're there for Louis, not for Zayn", Eleanor assured you. Zayn and you used to date for a long time but the two of you broke up when you realized you were on different levels in this relationship.

You were too fast for him. He wanted to take things slow, but his lifestyle simply didn't allow "slow".

"As long as I got you, I'm good tonight", you winked at your best friend. Eleanor and you still kept being friends after the breakup. You were thankful for her to be by your side when the days got tough on you.

"I won't leave you, no worries", she smiled and grabbed your arm. "Now, come on. My boyfriend's only turning 22 once in his lifetime!" You started to laugh and followed her.

Maybe you were lucky and Zayn and you didn't cross paths.

But sure you were wrong ...

**

"I can't beieve him!", you slurred after your third hard drink. This one in your hand had definitley too much vodka in it, but you didn't care.

"What did he do know?", Eleanor sighed, clearly annoyed, but you didn't care. You needed to let your anger out.

"He's dancing with that bitch and ... and... keeps looking my way. Who does that?" You asked more yourself than your friend. 

"(Y/n), he's not dancing with her... just talking. And I thought you wanted to ignore him!", Eleanor scolded you.

"That was clearly a lie", you said and kept staring at your ex-boyfriend.

"God, you're such a bitch when you're drunk." Eleanor shook her head and left you alone. But again, you didn't care. 

This whole situation ... seeing him again .... all over this girl .... made you realize that you weren't over him. You've never been. This was all too much.

Tears started to fall down and you felt pathetic.

"Great", you mumbled to yourself and started to search a place to be alone.

You kept wandering around the house until you found a bathroom that was not occupied. 

You sighed heavily and sunk down next to the toilet. You felt a little sick so it was the best way to stay near it. 

It was a bad idea to come to this party. Of course you did it for Eleanor and for Louis ... but you weren't ready. You burried your face into your hands and started to sob.

What you needed was your bed, your pillows, ice cream and your dog. 

When you started to think about your dog, Harley, your heart ached. Because Zayn bought this dog. For you. For the two of you.

He could have taken him away from you but he didn't. You were greatful for that because he was your best buddy and helped you through your sad moments.

"(Y/n), you're alright?", you heard his voice. Fuck. You didn't want him to see you like this. So broken. So vulnerable.

"What me? Yeah", you said with a tear strained face.

Zayn raised his eyebrow and looked at you skeptically.

"Sure", he snorted and sat down next to you.

"What's the problem?", he kept asking. You sighed and stared straight ahead. Was he really thinking you'd answer his question? That you were talking to him out of all people?

You kept silent and ripped a piece of toiletpaper from the role to wipe your nose. 

"Look, (Y/n). I .... I'm sorry how it all ended, okay?" Again, you didn't say anything. 

Zayn sighed next to you and kept his mouth shut. You wanted him to leave. But that meant you had to talk to him.

"How's Harley doing?" He asked curiously.

"He's doing good", you answered because you ought him that. He loved that dog as much as you did.

"I miss him", he whispered. 

"He misses you, too", you admitted and hugged your knees.

"It was a mistake to leave him. He ... he was my best friend and I ... I was scared. He would have spent the rest of his life with me and I ... wasn't ready to that time."

Suddenly you got the feeling that he wasn't talking about Harley. Because that sounded weird ... was he ... was he maybe talking about you?

"He understands it." You say and meant yourself. "He's doing okay without you but ... he'd be better off when you'd be in his life."

Zayn shifted next to you to wrap his arm around you.

"You think he'd take me back so easily?", he wanted to know.

"Of course he will. He has a great heart", you smiled. Zayn laughed next to you and shook his head.

"Oh, I know he does." The two of you felt silent again. This whole situation felt so strange. 

"(Y/n)?", he asked.

"Hmm?"

"You know that I was talking about you?"

You grinned widely and leaned into him.

"I kind of hoped it", you smiled and stared into his beautiful brown eyes. He licked his lips and leaned closer.

"I love you so fucking much", Zayn whispered against your lips and pressed his own firmly on yours. You were overwhelmed and had to remind yourself to thank Eleanor later.

Because if it wasn't for her, you'd never went to that party and ... You and Zayn wouldn't be back together