Chapter Seven

It's been two days. I've been sitting in the same spot, watching Robyn do the same thing, for two days. All she does is cry. I feel horrible. I want to go back and hold her, tell her everything is going to be alright. But I can't. I don't know how. How do I fight?
Comatoses' words still echo in my mind
'You have to fight.' but how. How do I fight? I can't physically fight there's nobody here.
So I just sit. And wait. For two days.
"Why hello."
This time it's a dainty voice. It doesn't startle me. I'm used to comatose stopping by every couple of hours. I look away from Robyn to look at the source of the voice.
This one is shorter. Dressed in a black dress. It's skin is tight and has a white tone. It's covered in flowers and vines, but they're all dead. How odd.
"Who are you?"
"I'm death. Sister of comatose and life. I'm the end of all."
My eyes widen. No. I'm not ready to die.
"Go away!" I yell hoping she leaves.
"It's your time darling." She looks at me with a soft smile, "It won't be painful. All I have to do is touch you." She reaches out a hand.
"No! Get away from me!" I'm standing now.
"Oh come on you don't want me to do this the hard way do you?" Her smiles turns harsh.
"I said get away from me!" I run.
"I guess you do then. How tragic.." The dainty voice turns dark. I turn around just in time to see a horrible creature peel out from inside the other, like it's shedding it's skin. It's all black, with tentacles, and rows upon rows of sharp teeth, it's eyes are a deep red. It's terrifying, and it's chasing after me.
I force myself to run faster. Dodging doctors and machines as I make my way down the hallway. I reach a spilt and I go left. I reach an elevator next to stairs. Stairs. Elevator. Stairs. Elevator. Stairs. I bolt down the stairs. Third floor?! I didn't realize I was this high up until now. I hear the creature behind me tearing up everything in its way. I throw a heart beat machine at it and it engulfs it.
Jesus Christ. The only good thing about being comatose is you never really run out of energy. I run down the next hallway and turn right.
I don't know where to go. I refuse to let the creature take me.
Once I make it past the next turn, I hide. I open a door to one of the rooms, closing it behind me, and hide in the closet.
I hear the creature pass by the room.
"Come out come out wherever you are." It's voice now deep and raspy like comatose. But a lot more terrifying. Although comatose was creepy..he was kind of comforting. I'd rather see him right now than the thing rampaging the hallways.
"I know you're here somewhere. You can run and you can hide but I will find you. It's your time you can't change that." The creature laughs and it sounds like it's getting close to my room. I slowly open the closet door and quietly walk over to the main door of the room. If it finds me I don't want to be cornered.
"You little brat. This is your fate just accept it."
I peek out a tiny crack in the door and the 'thing' is to the left moving everything in the hallway around, I assume looking for me. I slowly open the door and it creaks. Fuck.
The creature jolts it's head to look in my direction and I run. More running. I run down the hallway which was where I came from and go back up the stairs.
"Tick..tock..goes the clock....She runs and she hits you...Tick..tock....goes the clock death will eventually catch you.......Tick..tock...goes the clock, we'll be soaring up high....Tick..tock.....goes the clock....your time is up Skye...."
The creature sings at an agonizing speed. Slowly it mutters out each word. I'm going to die..no....I refuse. I can't leave Robyn behind. I push myself to run faster than I ever have before. Right turn. Right turn. Right turn. I go in circles in the hallways, hoping the creature will get tired and give up.
"I won't go away Skye..tick. tock. Tick. Tock."
If I live, I won't ever be able to look at a clock again. I keep running throwing things behind me. If I can outlast this creature, I will live. If I give up, I will die. And the other option...I continue running for eternity. I'm not ready to die. I'm not ready to leave Robyn behind. The image of her laying on the mattress flashes in my head again. It gives me motivation. I'll keep running forever if I have to. I. Will. Not. Give. Up.
"I can hear your thoughts now...you must be scared. Oh you don't like my song?"
Not more. Please no more.
"Hickory dickory dock, Skye is on the clock. I greatly fear, her time is near. Hickory. Dickory. Dock."
No no no no. No more. Stop it.
"AhahaHAHAHAHA. HICKORY DICKORY DOCK, SKYE IS ON THE CLOCK. I GREATLY FEAR HER TIME IS NEAR. HICKORY DICKORY DOCK."
Stop it! Get out of my head! My place slows.
"HICKORY. DICKORY. DOCK. SKYE. IS. ON. THE. CLOCK. I. GREATLY. FEAR. HER. TIME. IS. NEAR. HICKORY. DICKORY. DOCK."
It sings at me. Painfully. I SAID STOP IT!"
The singing becomes louder and the words run together.
"HICKORYDICKORYDOCK. SKYEISONTHECLOCK. IGREATLYFEAR. HERTIMEISNEAR. HICKORYDICKORYDOCK"
I can't. I run toward my hospital room. I need to get to Robyn. And of course the creature follows me.
"TICK. TOCK. TICK. TOCK. TICK. TOCK. TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK."
"Robyn can you hear me!" I yell at her face and I start to cry. She doesn't respond.
The creature has caught up to me. I can't..I'm not ready.
"Hickory. Dickory. Dock. Skye is off the clock."
It stands at the door way. I move to the farthest corner next to the bed and the window.
"She tried to run, it was much fun. Hickory. Dickory. Dock."
"No! Get away from me I'm not ready to go!"
The creature moved to the opposite side of the hospital bed and I shift to the window half of the room. I feel around for something, anything, to hit it with. My fingers find nothing. It phases through the bed. No....
"GET AWAY!" I press myself close to the window.
The creature changes back to its original form.
"What a game we played. It was the most fun I've had in centuries. But I'm afraid its game over" Her wicked smile is too big for her face. She steps close. Only a few feet away from me but not quite an arms length. No. I lean back.
"It's not over till it's over." I try to smile back wickedly but it doesn't work much since I'm fighting back tears.
"Oh, but isn't it?" She takes another step forward and I lean back a little too far.
I'm falling. The last thing I see is Deaths hand in my face and everything goes black.