02. live-taping

The next day, I was due to go to a live-taping of the new Season 3 episode: Girl Meets Break-Up. I'd read the script earlier that day and hence the name, 'Rucas' would break up.

Frankly, I was quite glad about that. I'd never shipped Rucas and I felt as if they had little chemistry when they were dating. In my opinion they were much better off as friends. Michael and April hadn't told us yet, but I had a strong feeling that they were not going to be endgame. Of course, we weren't really allowed to say our opinions on our ships too much in interviews (although sometimes we did), but I shipped Riarkle. Very much. They had the sort of friendship that nobody else had in the show and it was beautiful. They were beautiful. Riley and Farkle.

The actor who played Farkle was pretty good himself, although like with my other cast members we weren't very close friends. His name was Jackson Millers. He was an incredible actor and it was a pleasure to be around him.

"Rowan, hurry up we have to leave soon!" my dad yelled from upstairs. I rolled my eyes and crossed my legs, fully dressed and ready. He was the one who needed to hurry the hell up.

Aching for it, I rummaged my pocket for my phone and tapped straight on the Instagram app. I was not addicted, no, not at all.

I'd posted some photoshoots from Rookie Mag earlier on that day and wanted to see the general comments. I don't know what I expected. It was the same old things as yesterday.

sabrinasgold
hey everyone, I post new sab pics every sunday!!!!! please follow and like all my posts or a shoutout!

arts4all
QUICK! CHECK MY ACCOUNT FOR AMAZING PICTURES THAT WILL CHANGE UR LIFE

henry00._9
I found rowans real number! 00784743380 - quick it works

And if you're curious, no, that isn't my real number. Sorry to disappoint.

~~~~

Shortly after that, we arrived at the live-taping which was bombarded with hundreds of fans. We made our usual announcement begging them to not give any spoilers away and enjoy the episode. The cast and myself got our make-up done and the stage was set for us to act. It was time for me to be Riley.

"Ugh, Mayaaaaaa! Where are you, Peaches?" I wailed, from my purple bed. Sabrina entered Riley's bedroom with a grin.

"Right here! How are you feelin' Riles?"

The storyline of this episode was that Riley was sick and off school, so for the first time Maya had to go to school by herself. And that was the time that Lucas needed Riley to be at school so he could break up with her.

"Really, really bad," I continued. "Mom gave me some soup but it hasn't helped. Darn it chicken soup!"

"Honey, I'm sure you'll be okay."

"No, I won't be because I can't go to school!"

Sabrina grinned as Maya. "That's great! Let's both skip school."

Ben and Danielle suddenly barged into our room. "Maya you will not skip school. Not today!"

And so it continued, with me just being a sick person in bed. By the end of the live-taping, I was bored out of my mind as I wasn't in any other scenes apart from one at the end. Which I was about to go into now.

"Hey Maya, how was school?!" I asked, excitedly.

"Uh...different."

"Of course it was different without me! I'm joking," Riley added in sensing Maya was not in the mood for Smiley-Riley. "So...what did happen?"

Maya sighed. "A lot of things happened Riles. A lot of bad things that I don't want you knowing about."

And just then, Lucas as Peyton, crawled in through the bay window. Maya sent him the death stare and went back to looking worried for me.

"Riley, we need to break up."

"W-what? Why? We're fine, we're the best couple!"

"It's just not working out. This triangle still hasn't been solved and neither have we. I'm so sorry and I hope we can still be friends...uh, bye." Lucas exited, leaving Riley heartbroken and Maya shocked.

And the episode ended. Nobody stirred or clapped, even the crowd. Silently, laughing, I stood up.

"Great job everyone. Give 'em a cheer!" Michael encouraged the crowd and screams of wild fans echoed through the hall. The episode had gone well. Smiling, I went over to meet the screaming fans and take some pictures. Sabrina, Peyton and Jackson went over too, and got hugged by tons of supporters. I felt so happy for them; they deserved this.

A few people came over to say hey to me and to get t-shirts signed and left. To meet Sabrina. Soon, nobody was looking in my direction and chanting 'SABRINA! PEYTON! JACKSON!" over and over again, like a mantra. But not one 'Rowan'.

The truth stabbed me like a sharp knife. They weren't here for me at all. They were here for the others. As I looked around, I could see even Auggie and Ava were getting more smiles than me.

I decided not to care too much. Lots of people loved me. I got an excess of nice comments on my Instagram and Twitter. Why should I care if they weren't screaming my name too? People had come over to me before.

Only out of politeness.

My hand ached to grab my phone from my purse, but now was not the time. I had to go and socialise. But with who?

Thankfully, my siblings came to my rescue there.

"Hey Row, that was amazing!" Shane, my ten-year old brother exclaimed, his mouth stuffed with candy. He was like me; always eating. Carmen on the other hand, actually never ate. Like ever. It was a wonder she was still this healthy.

"Yeah, it was. Why aren't you hanging out with your fans, Rowan?" she spoke up now, asking what I dreaded to hear.

"Well, they don't...seem very interested in me."

Carmen frowned. "Why wouldn't they be interested? You're the girl in Girl Meets World. Go show them some love!"

She always treated me as if she was the fourteen-year old and I was twelve, but I didn't mind much. I liked being young.

I looked over to the cacophony of the fans. They were saying things like, "Sabrina, I love you, you're my favourite cast member!" and "Peyton can you sign my arm?"

My eyes pricked with tears but I hastily blinked them away. You could call me dramatic but it did hurt to be the least-favourite. Whatever.

"Can we just go home?" I pleaded to my siblings. Home was the only place I wanted to be right now. Not this stupid live-taping. Where nobody appreciated me.

☁︎☁︎☁︎
hey hoes
did ya like this chapter?? probably not lmao
again just to make it clear i don't own anything or anyone or anyone's feelings. it's a complete fiction y'all :)
on a side note i finished teen wolf s3 an hour ago and im not ok