03. unloved

When I reached home, I forced myself to forget about what happened at that live-taping and make myself a cup of hot chocolate and have a slice of cake. If I didn't forget about it then I would most probably spend the rest of the month dwelling on thoughts like 'am I good enough?' and 'why do people hate me?'

People didn't hate me, right?
It was time to rest. Not that I'd done any real exercising work, but I felt tired and lacking self-esteem. Maybe some sleep would refresh me and then I could go out for a jog or something. Because I felt quite bad about my lack of exercise these days.

So I rested my brunette head on a satin pillow and fell into a cloak of slumber. My thoughts were replaced by dreams and nice things. Everyone was complimenting my hair and my clothes, everyone was asking me for autographs and were giving me hugs. I achieved an A+ on my English essay assigned by my tutor and my parents were so proud of me. I was the best of the best and got no hate.

I only wished it happened that way.

"Good morning Rowan! Get up and move your lazy butt," Carmen yelled, pushing me off my bed.
"Go away Carmen. I'm sleep-" I got interrupted by the familiar sound of our doorbell ringing.

"I'll get it, mommy!" Shane screeched, scrambling down the stairs to greet whoever was at our door. By now, I was trudging my way to the bathroom trying everything to keep my eyes open.
When he stopped screaming and actually opened the door, he was met by a tall bald man with pitch black sunglasses and a matching suit. He looked menacing and I did not want him talking to me.

"I'm here for a Rowan Blanchard," he said in a deep, scratchy voice. My mom hurried down the stairs to see what the commotion was about.
"Uh...who are you?" she enquired.
"That doesn't matter. You!" he growled locking his eyes with mine (although I couldn't really see them due to his shades) "get in the car right now!"

"Um no. I have no idea who you are," I replied crossing my arms.
"COME NOW!" he screamed grabbing my shoulders with force. I started getting nervous and scared by the behaviour of this guy. Surely my mom wouldn't let me go somewhere with a stranger.

"Go with him, Rowan."

What?
"Mom, he's a complete stranger I can't go with him!" What the hell was she thinking? Was she out of her mind?
"Just get out of the house," Carmen snarled. "Nobody will miss you, you ugly bitch."

I hadn't even realised that I'd been biting my lip, when it started to bleed.
Carmen hadn't just said that to me...no way. She would never say something like that.  Trembling, I looked back at her and I was wrong. She'd meant it one hundred percent.
My own sister hated me.

"Please," I murmured, my eyes brimming with fresh tears. I hated crying; it made me look uglier than I really was.
The man took a tight hold of my arm and dug his nails into my skin. Except they weren't nails. They were claws.
I screamed in pain as they pierced into my flesh. My mom and siblings had no reaction. They're faces were plain blank, as if they couldn't see what was happening before them.

He dragged me all the way to a sleek black limousine parked neatly outside my house. At least I was going to get kidnapped with style. And a killing pain in my arm along with a similar pain in my chest because of what had happened a minute ago.
Why wasn't I escaping? I could get out easily...the car doors weren't locked. I could escape right now.

Maybe he'll take you to a place you deserve to be in. Nobody will miss you either way. Your own sister said so.