Ch 6: Introduction

(unedited)

Alex's pov

My heart raced at 200 mph. "Amy's been kidnapped?!"

He nodded. "Yeah, that's why we're taking you with us. If we bring along someone she'll recognize, she'll feel safer once she's freed."

"You know where she is?" I still wasn't calm. 

"Yeah, we have a car tracking her down as we speak. We still don't know where the kidnapper is planning on taking her though."

Oh, okay. I felt better but was still tensed. My only sister was kidnapped. This was one of the moments when I was super glad my parents owned a company where people learned how to save people. 

Okay, stay calm Alex. Stay calm. She's going to be fine. She is fine.

"So..." started Nichole. I completely forgot she was here.

"I take it that I'm gonna be staying at the waiting room until you guys come back?"

Oh yeah, why was she here in the first place?

"That's right. Zac had some kind of a promise to keep with you, right? He's sorry he couldn't fulfill it. "

She shrugged, "If he chose me over a little kidnapped girl, I wouldn't have forgiven him."

How can she be so calm?!

Oh right, because it's not her sister that's been kidnapped.

"Well, since I don't have anything better to do, I'm gonna work on my homework."

Work on homework? Doesn't she care about Amy? 

Of course she didn't. Thanks to this, her promise with her brother was broken. If anything, she's probably annoyed with this situation. 

She was sitting right in front of me, so I couldn't see, but I knew she opened up a laptop. I could hear the typing.

The rest of the ride was quiet. Not my head though-that was filled with negative thoughts. Good thing the ride ended quickly.  

When we reached there, someone was waiting for me and she took me straight to my parents office. Inside Nichole's brother was talking to my father and my mom was standing behind talking on the phone. When I came in, they stopped talking. 

Zac was the first to speak, "Good, now only two people are missing."

I was thoroughly confused and frustrated. I'm worried about my sister, and the first thing I hear when I meet my parents are words that didn't make sense and were said by an outsider.

"Can someone please tell me what is going on? Why is Zac here? Who's missing? Where's Amy? Is she okay?" I ranted.

My mother came over and gave me a warm hug. "Calm down, sweetie. Amy is...well, not fine, but she's not hurt either. Right now, we have two cars in pursuit of the kidnapper. We know where she is, we just don't know where she's headed. Before we begin your part of the mission, we need to explain a few things to you. So stay calm while listening okay?"

I relaxed in her arms, "O-okay."

"Great," my father said. He also came and gave me a pat on the shoulder. "Then lets start with introductions."

My father explained to me that Zac was the leader of a squad. In UnderKover, we have squads of twenty to twenty five people that usually do a mission together. But Zac's squad was small. It consisted of only seven people, yet it was the best squad in all of UnderKover. 

My mom opened up the computer screen that sat on her desk, while my dad did the same with his. My mom's screen showed a live screen chat with two girls who were in a moving car. My dad's screen showed the same but with a boy and a girl. Zac told me that the girl from my dad's screen is Marilyn, the boy is Ryan. My mom's screen's driver was Ashley and the passenger seat was Rebecca. Those two cars were on the chase, they told me. 

"Then who are we waiting for?"

"We're waiting for my right hand man," said Zac, "He's the one who dropped you; Richard. The other person who e're waiting for is the leader of this squad-"

He was about to tell me who he is but I interrupted him. "Wait, I thought you were the leader."

He seemed to ponder on that. "Well, I am and I'm not. The real leader is not officially working as a full time employee. When she's here, we follow her commands, when she's not, I take over. But she's the only reason why we're as good as we are."

O-Kay, so it's probably a very smart woman who is too old to make it to job everyday and that's why only comes occasionally.

"Ah here she is," said my mom. 

I turned around to see as the door opened. I was expecting to see a big bundle of wrinkles, but what I saw was not that. The person at the door was wearing black converse, black leggings, a black mini-skirt, a black tight shirt and a black jacket with a hoodie that covered her face. Since she was wearing a mini skirt, she was clearly very young. Her body physique told me that she was most likely around my age. I couldn't tell for sure as her face was covered with a hoodie. Her eyes were covered by a black net mask; the only part of her skin that I could see were her hands and her lower face. Then I noticed that she was carrying a laptop bag in her hand. 

"Son," my dad said. "Let me introduce you to the hacker Phoenix."