Ch 10: Excitement

(unedited)

Alex's pov

I saw Nichole and Zac drive off. I said my thanks and goodbyes to the rest of the squad and started my own way back home. My house wasn't that far away from the main office, so it didn't take long. Well, it's not really a house. It was much more than that. Amy had fallen asleep, so I took her to her bedroom and asked her personal maids to attend to her. Then I went to my own bedroom,  went to the bed, took a pillow, and dug my face in it.

Then I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I can't believe Nichole is going to come to my place! 

I wasn't sure if I was scared or just excited. I've had many girls come over, but this is the first time that I felt this way. I don't even understand why. The girls that I brought over are always the popular kind, girls who would do anything to get in bed with a hot rich guy. But Nichole never thought of me that way. I don't think she looks at me as a guy at all. That kinda hurts.

Especially what she told Amy. Normally, when you invite someone in your house and offer them food, you usually consider them a friend. But I was nothing but a 'guest' to her, a classmate. I don't know why, but my chest started hurting every time I recalled that moment. 

I laid down on my bed, and looked out the window. Wow, it's already this late. The sun was setting. I got up and went to my closest. I changed into more comfortable clothes and decided that I'll sleep for a bit. I went back to my bed when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in."

The door creaked open to show me my adorable little sister. She had changed into a night dress. She had the same idea as me, apparently.

"Alex, can I sleep with you?"

I noticed that she was kind of shaking, very little though. She was probably still scared. I smiled and opened my arms to her, "Sure."

She closed the door and came running to me. I picked her up and laid her down properly then laid down next to her. Now that I think about it, if it weren't for Amy, Nichole wouldn't be coming here at all. I smiled, "Thanks, Amy."

She was confused, "For what?"

I shook my head, "No special reason. By the way, what time do you want to call Nichole over for your birthday?"

She thought for a moment. "Lunch time."

So an hour after school should be good. "You also know that she's gonna come here once before, right?"

She nodded. "To practice, right?"

"That's one way to put it. When should I call her then?"

"Same time! I wanna eat too!" 

I frowned, "Then you're gonna eat the same thing again on your birthday?"

She shrugged a shoulder. "Why not?"

Guess she had a point. Though I didn't get to taste that sandwich, I was a hundred percent sure that it was delicious. I'm speaking from past experience. I could eat Nichole's cooking all my life and never get tired of it. I wish I could eat it all my life. Scratch that. I did not say that. Nope, not at all.

Amy and I kept talking about a few things, then we both drifted off to sleep.

Next day

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!

How is it freaking possible that Nichole and I have the same schedule but we can't talk to each other in school at all?!

Every time that I try to approach her, something interrupts. Whether it's the bell, girls who're begging for after school dates, teachers and their lessons. It's like the world is against me talking to her!