Ch 25: First

(unedited)

Alex's pov

Recently my life has taken a turn to the right, because I just seem to get happier day by day. I mean, NICHOLE AGREED TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND!

Well, not really, but you know, it won't be long before it actually happens. 

SHE EVEN PECKED MY CHEEK!!

Although she did it just to get back to me, but still.

I touched the part where she did and my face broke into a smile on its own. I left my room and went to the mini dining room, where the servants were serving to the rest of my family. 

"Good morning!" I excitedly greeted them. "How is everyone today?"

They all stared at me. "What?"

My mom cleared her throat. "Alex, are you feeling sick?"

"No, why?"

"Because you're happy." My father explained. "And it's like six thirty in the morning. You are not a morning person."

"I know, but.." I remembered what happened yesterday and grinned again. "Today's a special day."

"What's happening today?" It was my sister's turn.

Well, nothing much. Just the fact that I'm going to meet my crush after the deal we made yesterday. "Don't worry about it," I still didn't want to tell my parents about my feeling for Nichole.

I quickly finished my breakfast and went to school. Since I was earlier than usual, I waited for Nichole at the back gate, where she soon came riding on her bike. Before she parked, she stared at me with an incredulous look. "Are you feeling sick?"

"No, why?"

"Because you came to school early today, in a happy mood. You are not a morning person."

I made a slightly disgusted face. "Can you not say the same things as my parents?"

She suddenly looked amused. "Okay, but no, seriously, why're you here this early?"

I grinned. "I wanted to see you."

She shook her head disapprovingly, "Cliche, Alex. Too cliche."

I laughed. "Whatever." Then I suddenly remembered something very important. "Hey, can I call you Nicky?"

She thought for a bit. "Sure, just not in school. I don't want to get unwanted attention."

I frowned. "I thought we were past that?"

"Yeah, between us. But not anyone else."

The thought that I was the only kid in school that she actually cared about excited me. "Okay, well, then. I'll see you later...Nicky."

I mentally squealed inside. YAAYY!

A corner of her mouth turned upwards, "See you."

A few weeks later

Zac opened the door for me as I greeted him. "Hey, come on in."

I beamed at him and obliged, "Where's Nicky?"

We were supposed to go to the movies today, so I came to pick her up. 

"She's kinda busy right now."

He gestured to the sofa and I saw that my beautiful crush was completely ready, sitting on the couch with her laptop on her lap and her fingers flying across the keyboard with a concentrated look on her face.