Chapter 1- The Breif Glimpse

"What the hell man! How are you so good at this?" Alec claps my back as I kick another ball on goal.

"My previous school." I wink. We all decide to take a break and sit on the benches of the park. I smile as I look around. Its good to be back in this place. Its holds a special place in my heart. My grandmother lives here, this where my dad and mom met and fell in love and I have basically spend my entire childhood here.

And after the past that I've left behind in Alabama, its even better to be here. A new start, a new life. Alec is my buddy and I have become friends with Matt and Louis. I and dad came here a week before to set up things and look for a new place to live. Currently we are staying at my grandmother's.

"Wanna go for another game?" Matt asks and I smirk.

"Yeah man. Its just noon. But we have some more time."

"Yeah it sucks man. School begins tomorrow."

"I agree." Matt says.

"Hey but at least we'll be graduating and then college is exciting shit. Isn't that amazing!." Alec winks.

"Excuse me? You mean going to college, probably leave all your friends and then work your ass off for a job is amazing? No thanks bro." Louis taunts in a bored tone. I laugh as they all argue and then suddenly I realise something and my face pales.

"Shit!" I swear under my breath. "What time is it?" I scowl as I get up and pick up my bag and bottle hurriedly.

"Woah dude its 12.30... but what's wrong?" Alec asks.

"I had to pick up my brother Noah and mom from the airport. Their flight landed half an hour ago." I mutter.

"Fuck man you're so damn responsible." Matt laughs and I glare at him.

I leave quickly and fish my car keys out of my pocket. I get into my car and drive as fast as I can.

       My mother for once, hates people who are late. And specially if I'm late or irresponsible, hell comes over. I hope they didn't get their luggage very soon and I reach before they can. Other wise I'd have to make a convincing excuse for being late to escape the wrath of the woman who brought me in this world.

"God." I face palm myself and groan. What the hell was I thinking when I didn't set a reminder on my phone. Damn you Xavier! Busy in my thoughts, I take a swift right turn and keep on driving with the thoughts of my dreadful future. Suddenly without noticing I see a figure crossing the road. Shit, I need to slow down! Before I can do anything my car is already too close to... who now I see is a girl. Thankfully, she quickly dodges my car and hops on the side walk. I should have played my horn. I could have killed her.

I take a swift turn again but then stop suddenly. I get out of my car run towards the place I saw the girl. As I reach the sidewalk, I see the girl enter Walmart and am able to catch only a glimpse. Glimpse of long brown hair and a beautiful retreating figure. Suddenly something happens in my body. A tremble and I realise its because of her. God! I'm being so pathetic. I didn't even see her and the concept of soulmates is a fairy tale.

I should really stop watching romantic movies with mom. Its messing my head. Realising that I am wasting time, I quickly walk to my car and drive as fast as I can.

"You're late." My mother scolds me as I reach her and Noah. Noah is in her arms sleeping and I immediately take him into my embrace. They don't have much luggage as I and dad already transferred a lot of things this week.

"I'm sorry mom. I was actually...in the library, looking for reference books I might need this year." I lie easily. That is something I'm good at. But bad things have taught me to lie and I'm not really fond of those memories.

"Really?" She asks with a sweet smile and I sigh on the inside. Thank God she believes me. I ruffle Noah's hair and then pull one of the troley bags in my free hand. My mother smacks my shoulder.

"You don't have to lie Xavier." She glares and I nod sheepishly.

"Okay mom sorry. I was playing football and I lost track of time. I promise I won't be irresponsible again. Okay?" I say genuinely and kiss her cheek.

"Okay. I missed you so much." She pulls me in a side hug and then kissed my cheek as well. Phew! That was easy. Thank God I was away from her for a week.

      I smile as I see her look at me adoration. A part of me winces as I remember the time when all I saw was hurt, disappointment and anger in her eyes for me. I couldn't bare that look and I won't have to now ever . My past is gone now.

I lay Noah down in the back seat and then load their bags in the car. Mom and I buckle up and I drive carefully now. If she had seen how I drove to the airport, she would never let me touch a car again. As I pass the same Walmart street, I unintentionally find myself wishing to see that girl. I kick myself mentally as I realise how lame I am being.

There was nothing special about her, except the fact that she dodged the attack of a flying car in time. I grin as I think of what must have been her reaction afterwards. I am sure she must sweared and hoped for me to die. I shake my head at my silly thoughts and pay attention to my mother who is probably scolding me for not cleaning my sneakers.

"Sorry mom. I'll clean them as soon we get home." I reassure and she smiles in approval. God this woman!

So guys! Its finally here. Everything Xavier thought when he met his lady love will be known to you in this book. I hope you liked the first chapter and it was upto your expectations!

Please leave your comments and don't forget to vote. I love you all. Also I'm open to suggestions. If there is something you want to see in the upcoming chapters you can let me know in the comment section:)

Also I really appreciate all the support you gave me on IBH. So I'll be dedicating chapters from the next one to all of you amazing readers to spammed me with votes and comments. You can get noticed even now by commenting and voting on this book.