Chapter 2

For the people who don't know Urdu/Hindi, the translation to the sentences is at the end. Happy reading!

Ahmed's POV

I wake up by the sudden light coming on my eyes from the window. I groan and turn my head to the other side.

"Wake up, Ahmed. It's 7'o clock already," Mama says, patting my cheek.

Ohh.. So mom opened the curtains.

"Mama, just a few more minutes," I say in my sleepy voice.

"You'll be late for work, beta," She says, in her sweet voice.

I'm a taxi driver and I live with my mom,dad and my little sister who is 7 years old in a small apartment. My papa used to work as a taxi driver too but after he had an heart attack the doctor told him not to work anymore and take rest. So I need to wake up at 6:30 everyday. I used to sleep till late in the morning and I was a heavy sleeper. Until papa became sick and I started working to support my family.

"Mm.. Okay okay I'm awake," I say, sitting up in my bed.

"Get ready and come down. Aj Halwa Poori banai hai," She says winking. And then closes the door, leaving me alone.

My Mama's Halwa Poori is just delicious. I can't wait to eat it.

I get up, open my closet to get my towel and my uniform. Then I make my way towards the bathroom. I wash my face, brush my teeth and hop in the shower. After a quick cold shower, I change into my uniform and go to my room. My room is not that fancy but it's good enough for me to live. It has grey walls with a single bed, a dresser and a cupboard. I make my hair and put on some perfume. I get my Nokia phone and put it in my pocket. Yup, I have a Nokia phone and not those fancy iPhones but I'm happy with what I have.

I head downstairs and sit on the dining table with Maha, my sister.

Maha is the most cute and adorable girl I've ever seen. She has pretty goldish-brown eyes, ash brown hair, dark pink lips and chubby cheeks. Pinching her cheeks is so much fun!

I saw Mama taking a tray into my parents room. Probably for my papa.

"Hi Maha! Kesi hai Meri Angel," I ask, looking at Maha's adorable face.

"Main theek hun, ap kese hain?" She asks, giggling because I called her Angel.

"I'm good too," I said,smiling. "Mmm, Yummy Halwa Poori," I say, looking at the yummy food Infront of me.

"Bismillah," I say before digging into my food.

Ayesha's POV

"Taxi! Taxi!" I yell, shaking my head up and down but no one is ready to stop today.

"Ugh," I frown.

After waiting for what seemed like an hour. I finally get a taxi.

"Iqra University?" I ask the driver.

He nodded.

I was playing candy crush on my game during the ride. But then we meet a huge traffic.

"Gosh! This is gonna take hours! I'll be late," I said, in anger.

Waiting is not my kind of thing.

"Yeah, it's gonna take a while" I heard the driver say.

And I stared at him for a couple minutes and realized that he is a really good looking guy. He had black hair and dark brown eyes. I wonder why he works as a taxi driver?

"You're a really good lucking guy," Slips my mouth absentmindedly "I-I mean you are a really good looking guy a-and you could get a better job so.. Why are you working as a Taxi Driver?" I ask.

"Umm....well, I'm not that well educated because.. My parents didn't have enough money for my studies and my father worked as a taxi driver before so.. I chose to do the same. Though I will earn money so that my little sister can study," He says, smiling.

"Well, then you must be like the other mannerless uneducated people too," I said, rudely.

What can I say? I hate uneducated people.

"Eh? Not all uneducated people are same or mannerless and you shouldn't judge a person like that. Just get to know them first. My mom taught me manners and how to talk to a women and respect her. So Ma'am please don't say things like that," He said, his eyes still focused on the road. "And you're a well educated woman so I'm sure you've heard the saying 'Don't judge a book by its cover' and in this case 'Don't judge a person by its career'," He adds.

"Who do you think you are?! Teaching me how to live?" I say, pointing at myself with my index finger.

I could see anger in his eyes but he calmed himself down by taking deep breaths and then he replies in a calm voice,"You're not worth lecturing,"

"What?!" I yell, "Just shut up! No one talks to me like that!" I add.

He did not reply and slowly stopped his car.

"We're here," He says looking out of the window.

I open the door and get my things. I then open my purse and give him the money and head towards the main door in anger.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Translations:-

Halwa Poori - Halwa poori is a part of traditional Indian Cuisine and a part of traditional Pakistani Breakfast. The dish consists of poori bread with chana masala, along with halwa.

Beta - Is the urdu word for son.

Bismillah - An invocation used by Muslims at the beginning of any undertaking 'In the name of Allah'

Kesi hai Meri Angel - How are you my Angel

Main theek hun, ap kese hain - I'm fine, how are you?

******

Hello Popsicles!! How are you guys! I hope you're doing well cz I'm doing great too! But if you liked this chapter please click that little star button and support me by commenting and tell your friends about my book.

Thank you all for reading and have a great day! <3