Chapter 12

Ahmed's POV

"I-I like you," She says, looking in my eyes.

"Hunh?" I reply, confused, looking at her with wide eyes.

Did she just say she likes me?

Someone wake me up, if I'm dreaming!

"N-n-nothing," She says, getting up and walking towards the car.

"Ayesha, wait!" I yell, and she stops in her spot and I walk closer to her and turn her around to face me.

"I-I think I like you too," I confess, she looks up at me with a twinkle in her eye and then instantly hugs me. I hug her back and we stay like that what seems like forever.

"But I'm nothing like your 'Prince Charming' type," I say, once we have broken the hug.

"You're better than that and it's not like I would get the perfect 'Prince Charming' because no one is perfect. You're unique, handsome, amazing," She says, honestly, smiling

"You don't like uneducated people," I say.

"My opinion about uneducated people has changed already, you know that. Besides, I can teach you," She says, winking at me and I smile, satisfied.

********

I'm in my bed, thinking of what happened at the beach. I still can't believe she said that. A person who hated me to death, a few days ago, tells me she likes me. I said I like her too even though I'm not really sure about my feelings. Do I really like her? It's the last thought on my mind before I fall asleep.

The next day...

I unlock the car and sit inside. Turning on the engine, I drive towards her house to drop her to university.

Will it be the same? Or will it be more awkward then it was before? I hope everything goes well.

I stop in front of her house. I was about to take my phone out to text her but I see her walking out of the gate, towards my car. She opens the door and sits on the passenger seat and I start the car.

"Heeeelllllooooooo," She screams in my ears.

"Ouch. Hi. I'm not deaf you know?" I say, driving towards the university.

"I thought you are," She giggles and I smile.

Her laughs and giggles are angelic. They're like a sweet melody to my ears.

I stop in front of the university. She smiles at me, I smile back and she gets out of the car and walks inside the university. I pull away and start my work.

Ayesha's POV

I walk inside the university, and look for Anaya, as I see her, I ran towards her and hug her tightly almost making us fall.

"Woah woah, I was about to fall. Everything alright?" She asks, rubbing my back.

"Yes. God, there's so much to tell you but I have class. I'll tell you everything in the cafeteria," I say, and walk towards my locker.

"Okay, see you in the cafeteria," She says, excitedly and I turn back and wave at her.

While I'm walking, I feel someone grab my arm and pull me into a class. I'm about to scream but stop when I see Qazim's face.

"Qazim! You scared me!" I whisper, slapping his arm.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," He says, chuckling. "I wanted to say something," He adds.

"Okay, go ahead. Be quick, I have classes," I say, getting a little impatient.

What can I do? I don't like being late for classes.

"I like you, Ayesha. I seriously do like you a lot. Please say you like me too," He pleads.

What? Qazim likes me? But I only thought of him as my friend, and he sounds so desperate.. I only like Ahmed.

"What the hell?! No! I thought we were just friends!" I yell "Besides, I like someone else," I add, blushing a little.

"Shh shh, okay calm down. We can still just be friends...right?" He says, sadness visible on his face.

"Yeah okay, but don't say something like this again. Take that thought out of your mind. We're just friends," I say and leave the class.

At the cafeteria

"Heyyyyyy!" I say, as I sit down on the chair with Anaya and Ayyan in front of me.

"Hello," Anaya replies.

"H-" She cuts off Ayyan. "Tell me tell me, what did you want to talk about,"

"Hey! It's rude to cut off," He says, rolling his eyes.

"Shhh! She's telling us something important," She says, excitedly.

"Are you two done?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. Ayyan rolls his eyes and Anaya shrugs.

"Okay so...I told you guys that me and Ahmed became good friends over the past week, but guess what happened yesterday," I say, rubbing my hands and grinning.

"What happened? Come on, I don't like suspense," Anaya says, too interested in the talk.

I continue to tell them everything that happened on the beach.

"So that's what happened," I says, smiling.

"O.M.G. Did you really say that?!?!" She says, excitedly and then hugs me real tight.

"Someone's in loveeeee," Ayyan teases.

"Love is in the air," Anaya plays along.

I roll my eyes,"You two are the real love birds," I wink and Anaya blushes like always. And Ayyan chuckles.

Then we hear the bell ring and leave to our classes.

********

I'm waiting for Ahmed near the ice cream stall next to the university. He's late today. I've called and messaged him a lot of times but he doesn't seem to answer. I hope he's okay.

I walk back and forth and suddenly feel someone put a napkin on my nose. I inhale and before I could say or do anything, everything blacks out.
_______________________________________
Hello Popsicles!!!! How are you all???? I hope you're doing great and I am too. The next update will be on Monday or ill TRY to update earlier if possible. If you liked this chappy, click the little star button, vote and comment.

Thank you for reading and have a faaaaaab day! 😊❤