Chapter 27

Ahmed's POV

I toss and shift in my bed, for what seems like hours until I finally see a bit of sun shine.

I get up and wash my face. I pick up my pair of clothes from the sofa and get changed.

After wearing my clothes, I brush my hair and try to look more classy for my flight at 1 Pm.

I head down stairs to spend more time with my family before I leave.

"Bhaiiiii," Maha calls from the living room. I enter the room to see Mama, Papa and Maha sitting together.

Suprised, I sit next to Maha.

"Aj sab idher kese?" I ask, chuckling.

"We wanted to be with you for a little bit before you leave," Mama replies, trying to hide the sadness on her face.

"Please don't be sad. I'll be back before you even know it," I say, smiling and the nod.

The rest of the time is filled with laughter, jokes and smiles. Which seems to lift my mood. People are right when they say that you should spend time with your family when you are feeling down. Their smile and soothing words will make you feel a hundred times better.

Finally it’s time to leave, the part which I dread. But I have to do it. Besides, it’s just a couple of days. Everything will be fine then. I have to do this for the betterment of us.

Us...

I head outside after hugs and goodbyes. I walk towards the road with my bag and call out for a cab.

"Airport," I say, after the driver rolls down the glass and he nods. I put my bag inside and sit. I stare out of the window, praying for the best as he drives.

At the airport

I sit on the benches waiting for the flight. I pull my phone out and play some games to pass the time and take my mind off her. But it doesn't work, the more I try not to think about her, the more it forces me to think about her.

What will she think when she sees Ayyan instead of me? Will Ayyan tell her everything when she asks him.

She is too bossy sometimes. I let out a soft laugh.

I look around to see if I can spot a coffee shop. I walk towards it as soon as I look at it.

Maybe some coffee can help.

After getting some coffee, I sit back and wait. I look at my phone and a thought comes to my mind.

Should I call her? No no, you have gone crazy Ahmed.

I try to resist the urge to talk to her. But I don't know what gets into my mind. I actually call her with shaky hands.

After a few minutes of ringing, she finally picks up.

"Hello?" She says. Her voice hits me and I immediately cut the call.

What the hell was I doing?

I repeatedly hear her voice into my head and it somewhat calms me down. Tells me that everything going to be okay.

Finally I hear the call for my flight.

After sitting in the plane, all I can think of is how will I face her after so many years? What will I say? What am I even going to talk about?

Ayesha's POV

I wake up by the sound of my annoying alarm. Groaning, I turn it off. I lay into my bed for another 10 minutes being lazy and doing nothing.

Finally after 30 minutes, I find the courage to get up and take a shower. After my shower, I put some clothes on and unlock my phone.

300 unread messages. Wow.

I open the messages from the group of me, Anaya, Ayyan.

An - Ayesha tomorrow is the first exam for our finals. Are you going to help me with it or what?

Ay - Or are you even going to study?

An - Of course, don't ask that question from a nerd.

Shoot! I totally forgot that my exams have started. My phone rings, interrupting my thoughts. I look at the caller ID.

Ahmed.

Yes, it’s all because of him that I didn't study. Because I was so drowned into the thoughts about him. Everything was well before he came. He completely ruined my life and now he's calling me to ruin it even more? Wow.

I pick the call and say 'hello'. After a few seconds, he cuts the call. What? How rude of him! He calls me then just hangs up the phone on me. I throw my phone on my bed and grab my books.

I put everything in my bag and read as I walk. I hit my toe on the door and groan.

"What’s up with everyone today!!" I yell, annoyed.

I set my book on the table as I reach downstairs. Stuffing some toast into my mouth, I take a sip of my tea and get up.

"I'm going!" I say, loud enough for them to hear.

When I get no reply, I head out. I frown when I see a different car than usual.

Isn't that Ayyan's car? Why is he here?

The annoying beeps from the car brings me back from my thoughts. I see Ayyan signaling me to come sit in the car. I walk towards him taking long strides.

"Why-" He cuts me off. "No questions, sit inside right now," He gives me a firm look. I sit inside, annoyed and he starts to drive.

"If I could, I would. But I'm not allowed to tell you anything," He says, sighing.

"Who's stopping you?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Hmmm...’ He thinks for a while.

“Not supposed to tell you that either," He replies.

"You do know that I won't get out until you answer my question," I say with an evil smile.

"Oh really? We'll see," He says, grinning.

"Yup, you'll see. Why isn't Anaya with you today?" I ask.

"What do you mean today?" He frowns.

"Don't you guys come together to the university every day?" I question, raising my eye brows.

"I wish," He says, laughing.

"Of course you do," I say as I join him. Friends can really make my mood better. No wonder they are my best friends. I smile at how great of a couple Anaya and Ayyan would make. How well they get together. I hope to find the right one too.

But the question right now is, where is Ahmed? Why didn't he come to pick me up? Does he want to cut off with me completely? I feel tears arising but I quickly look away to hide them.

Please don't do this to me Ahmed.
_______________________________________

Translations:-

Aj sab idher kese? - How did you all end up in this room today?

******
Hello Popsiclesssssss! How are y'all. I forgot to do this in the other chapter so here it is...

The ship name for Ayyan and Anaya is 'Nayyan' suggested by @niazsmirks and the ship name for Ayesha and Ahmed is 'Ahesha' suggested by @ananthu_97 Thank you all! :)

So who do you like better? Nayyan or Ahesha?

Lastly, I have entered the Wattys2017 so please support me. Tell your friends to give this book a chance. Comment or PM me telling me how I can make this story better. If you liked this chappy, click the little star button, and comment.

Thank you all for reading and have an amazing day.