Chapter 24

Ahmed's POV

"You already are one," She says, sticking her tongue out.

Did I say that out loud? Oh god.

"You're turning into a tomato," She adds, smirking.

I clear my throat and change the subject "I'm taking you somewhere,"

"Where?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"To my favorite place ever. I want to talk about something," I say and then the rest of the ride we remain silent.

I park the car and get out. Ayesha joins me and we walk inside.

Ayesha gasps as she steps inside. "It's so beautiful!"

"This is my favorite garden’’ I say, smiling and admiring the beautiful place.

"I have to admit you have a great choice," She says, winking.

"Come on," I say, we walk towards a bench and sit.

"So...before saying anything, you have to promise me a couple things," I say.

"Okay... Go ahead," She replies.

"Number one - You won't get angry or anything, you will remain calm and listen everything first without jumping to any conclusion and Number two - You won't take any decision and leave without letting me complete," I say, hoping she would agree.

"Okay," She whispers.

"So...I got to know this a little back but I wanted to tell you once everything was sorted out," I begin. "On Saturday or maybe Sunday, I don't remember. I was cleaning my room and I found a note underneath my side table and it said something like this," I pull the note out and read it, "Dear Ahmed, I'm so upset, more than I've ever been. I can't express my sadness in words. I'm sorry I have to leave you, but there's nothing I can do about it. Just know that you will always be in my heart. Me and little angel will always miss you. ~ Your Little angel and me," I close the note and look at her face that has a confused expression.

"Who wrote the letter," She asks, looking in my eyes.

"After talking with papa I got to know that I got in an accident 7 years ago which made me lose my memory and I forgot that I had a wife and a daughter. She said she was going to leave, my parents tried to stop her and told her that they could help me remember them again but she refused and left. Since then my parents had not been in contact with her," I tell her the truth.

"So...all this time you didn't know t-that you have a w-wife and a daughter," She asks, gulping.

"No, I didn't know and before that I got a dream," I say and tell her about my dream.

"And...Now what are you gonna do about it? Y-you're gonna leave me?" She asks. With glassy eyes.

"No no no! I'm not going to leave you. I don't know maybe I'll talk to her and get my daughter back," I tell her honestly.

"Ahmed, go back to your wife a-and forget me," She says, a tear slips down her cheek.

"No! I'm not going to leave you just because I got to know of my past!" I frown.

"Please, no. I don't want be the person who ruins your life. You should go back to your wife and start your life with her," She says, wiping her tears.

I feel a stab in my heart. My throat hurting because of the pain.

"Ayesha..." My voice cracks. "If she ever wanted to be with me....she wouldn't have left me," I complete my sentence.