Chapter 1: A new job

SONNET ' S P.O.V
" I can't believe I only got 2 hours of sleep last night!"
I thought to myself.
I glanced at my youtube button alarm clock to see the time, it was 7:30 am. I then heard a loud, and not to mention impatient knock my door.
BAM!
BAM!
Then instantly I was wide awake, and fell right out of my twin bed.
"Uggh."
I groaned from the sharp pain in my elbow.
"Duuudddee!! Sonoot!!!"
I heard a feminine voice come from the other side of the door.
Then suddenly I knew who was at the door, my best friend Hannah Blair. We have been friends ever since middle school. I heard another loud knock at the door. Now it's starting to get annoying.
"I'm coming! I'm coming!
I said in a irritated tone.
I slipped on a black tank top and a black jacksepticeye hoodie, my old ripped jeans, and my favorite pair of black converse. I fixed my long, light brown and black braided hair into a messy ponytail. Cause I mean who has time to fix thier hair anymore. I sprinted to the door, as I was a couple of inches away from the doorknob, I tripped on a couple of notebooks that I had laying around. My body hit the ground with such force, that it could be heard all the way down the block.
"Well this morning is starting off to a great start!"
I yelled to myself in thought.
I turned the faded bronze doorknob. I was almost knocked off my feet, by the door flying open. A panicking blonde girl bolted into my room, she started to scan it.
"Boi!! Senpai you okay!!!? If anybody hurt chu I'd go yandere on thier assess!!"
"Hannah calm down. I just um..tripped that's all."
I said while putting my hand on her shoulder.
I tried my hardest to pull back a smile that was occurring on my lips. Hannah is the funniest person I know. So it's about impossible ot to laugh.
"Okay. Good. I thought that somebody broke in, like a pedophile or somthin."
Said hannah with a sigh of relief.
" Why exactly would a pedophile be here? We live at my grandma's for Petes sake!"
I asked
"Well I don't know! It could happen."
She said, giving a shrug.
" Well, anyway are you ready yet tho?"
Hannah asked.
"Ready for what?"
I asked, raising a brow.
"Well just our...TUEFORT RECRUITMENT TODAY!!!!"
said hannah, while jumping up and down.
I had a feeling that I was forgetting somthing, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Now I remember.
Me and my friends, Hannah,Gracie,Blair,and kenshi were offered jobs at 4 his place called Tuefort.A few days ago this lady, Miss. Pauling or somthing like that,showed us the ropes and what we would be doing. She told us to meet her at Tuefort on Friday, at 8:00 am to meet the team.
I glanced at my youtube play button alarm clock, and it said 7:40 am.
Oh, Jesus! We only got 20 minutes to get there!"
I shouted in panic.
"Bish it's a 20 minute drive tho!"
Hannah said shaking me senseless.
WOOSH!!
We heard my door fly wide open.
"Aye"
A voice side standing leaning on the door frame.
"Omg! Kenshi!!"
Hannah jumped up and bolted towards him. The blonde landed right on top of him and he let out a raspy grunt.
"Dude! Hannah.what.the fuck.!"
He said between airless breaths.
"What you doin here?"
She asked.
" I was seeing if you two were ready.NOW GET OFF!!"
He yelled with irritation.
"Okay! Okay! Don't get your panties in a twist."
Hannah mumbled walking over to me.
Vrrrrrr.
We all heard a phone vibrate. Ken took his phone out of his pocket and said,
"You guys, Gracie said that she's outside waiting g for us."
He said,while a slight glare can be seen reflecting off his glasses.
"I do t know about you guys but I'm out!"
Hannah sprinted out of the room heading g downstairs, and out the front door. Ken and I sighed while walking out after her. Just before I closed the door to my room I realized I forgot somthing. "My glasses!" I thought to myself. I ran back in my room and grabbed my glasses off my nightstand. I rushed downstairs and out the front door.
I found them standing g by a 2011 black kia soul.
"About time you got here Soni-chan!"
Said Ken while he got in the car.
"Well gets go alreaddyyy!"
Gracie said in a musical tone, while she poked her head out the window.
We all loaded up our baggage and hopped in the car.I tried my best to relax, cause I'm not that big on car rides. I plugged in my earbuds and listen to some of my favorite music. "I hope this drive goes by fast." I thought as we drove down the street.
* 20 min time skip*
So the moment is here, we have finally arrived at Tuefort. We pulled up and parked by what it looks like a railroad track. On the track was a group of carts full of weapons and explosives.
" We're herrreee!!"
Hannah said jumping out the car and checking out the place.
"Dude this place is huge!"
I said with awe.
We were standing in front of two buildings with a bridge separating the two forts.
"Get up Blair were here!"
Ken said shaking the short freckled girl.
"Huh? W-what!"
Blair said falling off the seat.
"K-ken?"
She said rubbing her eyes.
"Aye"
He said with a smile.
All five of us headed out and walled towards the fort. Soon enough we saw a tall petite figure I the distance. Shae waved motioning us to come over. So we did as we were told and walked over.
"Hello, you all must be the new blue team recruits. I am miss. Pauling."
We all waved at the woman who spoke.
She looked kind of younger than I thought. She about our age, in her 20's. She wore a purple and white button up shirt that fit her quite well. A gray skirt came from her hips right to her thighs, and black boots that came to her ankles.
"So, will you all follow me please, to meet the other mercenaries."
She walked away and we followed her in to the blue base.