You... are my new friend

Adalia blinked, crossing her legs and uncrossing it again. She felt uneasy-yet, she felt excited and scared at the same time. It wasn't the feeling she gets when she's about to hunt and collect hosts, instead, It was the feeling she got, when she first met Rameses.

It wasn't pleasant.

She stared at the back of the limo driver's brunette head, wondering if he knew Rameses well enough to-not be afraid of him. Or what he is.

Adalia breathed a sigh of relief when the deafening silence, was finally broken by the sound of the driver's flat voice.

"Lady Alvizuka, we're nearing Furinkan high."

Adalia looked outside the Limo window, sighing as the heavy drops of rain blocked her the view of the forest outside. Adalia loved forests- the peaceful dancing of the trees against a soft wind, the smell of soil and water, the falling leaves- she loved it all. But, there was no way she could go outside with the strong storm raging.

She leaned back to the chair, trying hard not to think about the forest- just outside. She was beginning to close her eyes when the Limo stopped to a halt.

"What's happening?" Adalia asked, sitting up.

"I-um, W-we seemed to- h-have run out of- gas." The driver, looked back at Adalia shakily, scratching the back of his head and giving out a shaky laugh, in a pathetic attempt to diffuse the upcoming tension.

Instead of bursting out in anger, Adalia sighed, and simply walked out of the black Limo, and into the rain, ignoring the protests of the driver about the heavy rain.

Adalia took-off her high heeled shoes, throwing them somewhere she didn't care, before taking her single suitcase with her and shutting the car door.

She began to walk, the rain completely soaking her clothes, and the mud, covering her feet and her long legs. She was silently cursing the fact that her pack of cigarettes were soaked by the rain, the fact that she has to take the mission- as slow as possible, and the fact that rameses hired a driver who didn't checked the gas before starting the engine.

'Ada, dear- what's the matter? can't handle a petty storm?'

'Shut up'

Adalia kept walking and walking, ignoring the Phoenix's remarks about her poise, and tried her best to keep her mind blank as possible. The Phoenix was, very sensitive and particular about Ada's poise. It would always scold her whenever she did something unlady like. It was like a mother to Adalia, actually.

Adalia was completely soaked to the bone, she was about to collapse when she saw a light from a cabin. Completely awake, Adalia rushed towards the door, knocking three times with her shivering fists.

"H-Hello? Is a-anyone home?"

There was a sound of fumbling, a sound of a kettle falling, and a thud, followed by a voice of a man cursing. The light from the window of the cabin flickered twice before the door opened, revealing a tall, yet handsome young man, wearing a pissed-off look, as if someone had interrupted him of his precious daydreams.

"What?!"

Adalia, shivering, flinched from his harsh voice, "U-um, I-i didn't mean to interrupt. I-i'm sorry." Adalia smiled sadly, and began to walk away from the angry boy.

Ryoga Hibiki, shocked from his act to a soaked, shivering, beautiful girl, he blinked before snapping back to reality, shouting, "W-wait! I-i'm sorry! Lady! Please, come inside!" He was about to come after her- but realized that the cold rain might turn him into a pig again, so he stopped.