16 || Prisoner

His hands were quickly bound in front of him, twin beams of blue energy emitting from the cuffs and snaking around his wrists. A blindfold was placed over his head before he was taken from the room. However, it was a useless measure. Even blindfolded, Spock quickly memorized the layout of the building as they led him away.

Thirty steps down the hallway before turning left and walking another fifty steps down the next hall. He was then pushed into an elevator which, estimating from the sound of its descent, traveled downward eight stories before stopping. He was led forty steps down a smaller, narrower hallway before they turned left and went down another long hall. Another right and they entered a large room.

The blindfold was yanked from Spock's head. The guard turned and entered a code into the small orange display behind him, locking the door.

The two guards stood behind the Vulcan, their weapons at ready in their hands.

Spock found himself in some sort of laboratory. Large glass freezers sat within the grey walls, several shelves of colored chemicals gleaming behind them. Metal tables and counters covered in primitive equipment circled the large room. Glowing orange monitors loomed over crude examination tables.

A humanoid life form, similar to the other one in the red suit, walked towards Spock looking, curiously at the Vulcan. It muttered something before signaling for the guard to bring him forward.

The guard grabbed Spock's arm roughly, leading him to a large metal chair with restrains. The humanoid life form busied itself with its equipment. It waved its hand over a holo display, the glowing orange screen flaring to life beneath its clawed fingers. It then grabbed a large needle and laser cutter before heading towards Spock. The guard shoved Spock into the chair, roughly grabbing his bound hands and unlocking the cuffs.

As soon as the energy beams disappeared, Spock made his move. He grabbed the weapon from the guard's belt and shot it before the guard had a chance to react. The scientist charged at Spock, brandishing the laser cutter like a weapon but Spock quickly ducked and stepped behind the life form,  knocking the laser cutter from its hand.

Spock grabbed the back of the creature's neck, its eyes rolling back into its skull as it sunk to its knees. The other guard at the door began firing his weapon, green blasts of energy destroying some of the equipment.

Spock rolled as a blast of energy blew a crater in the floor where he had been standing. He fired at the guard. Its helmet shattered as it slumped against the door.

Spock took several deep breaths, lowering his racing heart. He looked around the room, finding that he did not recognize the majority of the primitive equipment that surrounded him.

He went over to the unconscious scientist, kneeling beside it and placing his hand on its head . He took a deep breath, closing his eyes and reaching out with his mind.

Pain was the first thing he felt.

...terrible pain... Creatures... humans... screaming on glowing white examination tables as acid burned through their blood and the scientist cut through their skin...

...Rooms of radiation to mutate and rewrite genetic code...make them something different ...something vastly different ....victims pounding on the yellow glass, begging and shrieking to be let out....

The one known as ...Sidian...that was what he was called...the one who feigned the distress call... obsidarain...their word for great leader... too much...focus...find what you need...the pain...not that...focus...Sidian grinning in satisfaction as he listened to their cries...

...Ancient cryo pods....the face of a woman peacefully resting behind the teal tinted glass... glass shattering... the woman gasping for air...her heart racing and eyes wide as she slowly suffocated... more experiments...tissue samples removed from the failed ones... placing them in glass cylinders... trying to grow artificial life forms.... failed... need to be real....the alien in the red suit...

...Sidian...grinning as he ordered them to carry out the cruel experiments... Humanoid vessel crash landing....cryopods....the remains of the ship....big ship...long ago....very long ago....the scientists dragging them from the wreckage.....finally opening a cryo chamber....living specimen....strapping them to tables....The screams... Pain....

Spock staggered backwards, his head pounding as the blood curdling screams still echoed in his head.

He took a deep breath, leaning against a table, his head rushing and bile rising in his throat. It took a moment for him to regain control of himself.

Pain, anger, fear, panic disbelief, all of these emotions threatened to overwhelm the logic he held above all else. How could an intelligent life form do something so cruel so...barbaric to another living individual? He shook his head. It was illogical to examine those questions at that particular moment. Now, he must focus his attention to escaping this place. He must push aside emotion and focus.

He looked at the weapon in his hand and noticed that his hand was shaking. He needed to focus. Dwelling on any of that would not be rational at this moment, he noted once again. He took another deep breath and started walking towards the exit. He opened the small orange display, typing the pass-code he had seen in the scientist's mind. The door slid open.

The hallway was a clear and gleaming white. To the right, it turned and veered off into another expanse of white. To the left, the hall ended after fifteen meters, the joining hall having the top half of one wall made up of panels of the sepia glass, showing the hazy outlines of the black city and swirling dark storm clouds outside.

A door rushed open to the right, the way Spock had originally come. Spock quickly ran into joining hall. He glanced over the corner, watching as a human woman walked away. Her long blonde hair was tied into a tight bun on her head and she wore a white skirt and a laboratory coat. She was reading lines of data on a small screen in her hand. Suddenly a group of guards rounded the corner, stomping past her.

Spock turned and ran down the long corridor, past the rows of blank white doors. He reached the end of the corridor, stopping and examining his surroundings. Two humanoids exited from a room, walking down the hall away from him. He quickly dashed through the closing door.