Chapter Seven ⌔ Dodge Ball

Author's Note: Please know I have not touched any of the chapters to edit due to being incredibly busy! I'm just posting them up. I'l clean up when I have time and I will let you all know. Thank you!

-

 Chapter Seven  Dodge Ball

             "Photographers?" called out Ms. Jean as she sat on the corner of her desk, eyes scanning a script she held in her hands. Nana, who sat beside me, stood up and shook her head.

             "Nope."

             Ms. Jean frowned, not even looking up as she continued to scan the script. "Music team?"

             "Uh, no."

             "The write-up team?" Ms. Jean finally looked up and towards where Nana stood shaking her head. "Why do we not have those teams?"

             "We haven't decided on a script yet, though. I can't organize a team without first getting a confirmed –" Nana started.

             "Haven't we decided on Blue Jeans?" Ms. Jean asked, raising an eyebrow. Nana shrugged and pushed her hair back.

             "Katrina and the other actors aren't willing to do that play. They say it's too—"

             "Well, have they got a better script?" Ms. Jean asked, once again cutting Nana off mid-sentence. Nana just nodded slowly.

             "It's in processing. We have a writer fixing it up and adjusting it."

             Ms. Jean sighed and pushed herself off her desk, tossing the script lightly onto the wooden tabletop. "Alright then, I expect the script on Friday morning on my desk. Meanwhile, we have some students from the photography and music class. Have them send in their work samples by Monday afternoon next week."

             Nana glanced at me for a brief moment before nodding. "Yes, Ms. Jean."

             After Ms. Jean dismissed the class and everyone was bustling for the door, Nana turned on me like I expected her to.

             "You're a photographer, right? I mean, you take photography, yes?" Nana asked, pushing her hair back. I hesitated before nodding slowly. Nana beamed at me. "Great! You just have to hand in some work examples so that we can take you in to help with..." Her sentence trailed off as she noticed me shaking my head vigorously.

             I blinked rapidly to get rid of the sudden dizziness. Then I looked at Nana's crestfallen expression and slowly shook my head again. She pouted adorably, her lips jutting out in a cute, childish fashion. I had a sudden urge to squeeze her cheeks.

             "But –"

             "Sierra!"

             Turning around quickly at the sound of my name, I saw Pepper standing outside the classroom, peering in. I felt relief wash over me as I turned to Nana and gave her apologetic smile, grabbing my things and hurrying out the door towards Pepper.

             "What was she pestering you about?" Pepper asked once we were a good distance away from the drama class. I shrugged and rolled my eyes before lifting up my hands to make a camera motion. Pepper's eyes widened in understanding and she immediately reached over to pat my shoulder in comfort.

             "It's alright, Si," she said quietly. "I'll help scout out other photographers to take your place."

             I nodded slowly and half turned towards Pepper, giving her a grateful smile. Pepper just grinned at me.