Chapter 2

Tionne

Here I am, in the middle of the skating rink, bobbing my head to the music as I'm watchin the boys killin the floor. All I ever wanted to do was be apart of a group. Not a 'girl' group, but a group. I was trynna be different. They never except us young girls like myself, but they know we got it.

See as soon as this dude got in my face, I had to show him whose boss. I stepped up to him and started dancing like a pro. I swayed to the left and the right with the tightest moves in style right now. I served him but we both knew we was playing.

We hugged each other, and we began laughing and smiling like we was brother and sister. But we basically grew up together. Like, same neighbor hood and stuff.

"Yo D, let me dance in yo crew," I said.

"I don't know bout all dat. Why don't you get yo own group? Look, I gotta go see you later Tionne,"he said walking back. I signed and placed my hands on my hips and my girl Marie walked over to me.

"Y'know you should start a girl group," she said.

"Naw man, I ain't with that. I can't just make one."

"Girl you got the skills. Aye but look I know this girl sayin she'll hook you up. Cuz Pebbles made her way down here, starting up a girl group, I can hook you up,"she said.

I was thinkin to myself like, a girl group? I mean, I really wasn't feelin it but... how could pass up somethin like this?

"Ight, I'm down,"i said. We dapped up, and instantly I felt like I made it to a whole other life.

NEXT DAY

Me and Crystal was just walking to the streets and found just what we was looking for. You remember the girl Marie was talking bout? Her. We walked up to the spot bobbing our heads as this tight,young fresh, young lady rapped to the lyrics. We was feelin it. Like, no other!

When she finished, the whole crowd clapped and cheered and so did we. I ain't never ever found a hood girl like her rap so fresh in my life.

"Thank you! Put the money in the hat, and promise to be right back!"she announced. People was dropping money Ito the hat and left, while me and Crystal walked up to her. We greeted each other in a hood manner and I was feelin the music.

"Yo Lisa, girl you was killin it out chea!" Crystal said. I nodded my head agreein wit her.

"Well, what can I say? I always gotta keep the flow. Yea but, what brings yaw down here?"she said.

"Mane, Pebbles is what. Girl startin a girl group. All we need is you, yo pad, and we be happier than glad,"i said. She nodded her head and we all smiled.

"I'm down,"we was so eager and excited! We pounded each other and went our separate ways. This was our new beginning. All I kept thinking was, I gotta make it.

Me and Lisa went to my house and my mother cooked us a great meal. Lisa was eating like she ain't had a meal in days.

"Lisa when was the last time you ate?"i asked worried.

"Not enough. I ain't had one of these meals in a long time,"she said laughing.

"I hear you. I mean, me and my momma had only enough to eat watermelon and popcorn for dinner,"i said. "But, how yo family think when you came down here?"

"My dad, he wasn't to happy. But I don't get it, he was a musician."

"I hear you! My dad was in a band, my moms was a backup singer. But he chose music over us and...we wanted out,"i said.

After finishing eating Lisa went home. I cleaned up and kissed my mother goodnight. I just couldn't wait to get in my bed, and think about what tomorrow was gone bring us! God always has plans for me! Why so? Because he knows what's gonna happen in my life.

I just pray he will let if happen.

NEXT DAY

"Yaw ready to do this?"Lisa asked as we made our way into the building.

"No doubts. No regrets- no Nuthin,"i said.

"Lets do dis,"we walked into the room, introduced ourselves. And guess what? We started.

After singing, dancing and rapping? We was eager to hear what she was about to say.

"Nice. I'll give y'all a call, and see if yaw made it- but Lisa and Tionne can you stay for a moment?"Pebbles said. "Oh Crystal you can go,"she said. Crystal looked sad and of course I felt bad. But girl had no talent. She nodded her head and walked out.

"So, wassup?"i asked.

"Yea Pebbles tell us,"Lisa said.

"You two, were amazing. Crystal? Not so much. But yaw have the talent and I like yaw. So i'ma give you guys a chance. Just gotta find a new girl,"she said.

Me and Lisa was so happy on the inside. But we had to stay cool. We nodded our heads and walked out the room. Took a few steps forward, and we was to happy! I mean jumping up and down, thanking The Lord, and just... out of it!

"I can't believe it! Lisa we got in!"i yelled.

"I know girl! I know."she said happily. She went to the telephone to call her fam, and I was waiting next to her.

"Aye wassup, I been trynna call y'all all day! But hey, where's pops?-What!?-He's been shot!?- But h-he's gone be alright right? I mean- w-we good right?"she said. She dropped the phone and her face had went to excitement to an expression that I can't even read. As soon as she found the best news of her life, she had heard the worst new of her life.

"Everything good?"i asked. She just put her fist to her mouth, and shed a couple of tears. I guess he died.

I mean, things just got real. Like, 5 minutes ago? Happiness was in the air and now, it wasn't so great. But if this is how it's supposed to be? Let it be.

SAME DAY

Rozanda

You already know who I am. Im standing here dancing my butt off trynna live my life. I can't wait till I blow up though.

"1, 2, 3, 4 and cut!"the dance instructor said. We stopped and I couldn't believe who entered the studio. My face grew big and I walked over to this girl to see what's up.

"Why is Pebbles here?"i asked.

"She's trynna find young talented girls to be in a group,"she said.

"Ima go for it."

"You have to be able to 'sing',"she said outing emphasis on it.

"Oh I can sing,"i said.

"Yea okay."she said rolling her eyes.

"Whateva,"i said. I made my way over to where we was and smiled at her. Se turned around and returned the favor. "Hi, I'm Rozanda,"i said.

"I know who you are,"she said. My face grew wider.

"Did you know I can sing?"i asked. My dance instructor gave me a look.

"Rozanda-

"Why won't you give me a chance. Chance,"i sang to her. She gave a look of surprise and so did a lot of other people. Which made my face grow even bigger.

"Okay, I'll give you call. I want you at the building tomorrow morning. I also want you to meet the other girls," she said. She walked out and I just said than you Lord!

After rehearsal, I grabbed my stuff and went home. Ready to start a new life. More peace and joy is in the air. I just hope she gives me a chance!

_______________________________

How about this chap? Read, comment and more!