Chapter 7

Chili POV

Something still wasn't right with our career. We were still in the studio, recording and working our butts off, but ain't got a dime in our pockets.

Today me and the girls have a little show tonight at the Rebound Hustler Club (made up) performing just to make some cash. There won't be like people here that would be at a concert, but we still gettin paid and that is all that matters right now.

"How is everybody doin tonight!!?"Lisa yelled as everyone cheered. "Well first off we would like to thank you guys for coming out and supporting us. We had some ups and downs from bein in the hood, but thanks to our manager Pebbles, we here today! But right now, I'm gone tell you who WE are!"she said.

"On the left of me is T-Boz, on the right of me is Chili. In the middle I am Lisa, if yaw got it say it wit me,"she said turning it into a rap. "Say it wit me!" she yelled.

We pointed our mics towards the stage and after about four tries, the got it. That's when we began to sing. We sung, 'What About Your Friends, Baby, Baby, Baby, and Ain't to Proud to Beg.' We sung so happy and it was fun!! It was like we were still kids and saw a candy store in the corner.

After that, we walked off of the stage,and went outside by the tour bus. We stood there talking about the performance and then Pebbles came out with a magazine in her hand.

"I have to say....you girls did yaw thang out there!"she said. We nodded our heads in agreement smiling. Then Lisa started to speak up. "But before you say anything, listen to this!" she said. She opened up the magazine, and began to read what the article said about us.  Like, how you gone interrupt her like that?

She walked away after she finished smiling and stuff, and we just stood there dumbfounded, lost, confused, mislead. We didn't know what to do.

"Yo man something ain't right,"Tionne said pacing back and fourth.

"Yea you already know it is. I think we should look at our contracts,"Lisa said in her Philly accent.

"Yea I agree. Like, shouldn't we be rich by now?"I said leaning up against the tour bus.

"Naw, she be hurt. She probably think we don't trust her or something,"T said.

"Let's just give it a try! In plus, it's our contract,"I said. They shrugged their shoulders and we made it inside the tour bus. Pebbles was sitting down talking to the DJ, and we sat down across from them.

Tionne POV

"Pebbles....we gotta talk to you about something right quick,"Lisa said.

"Okay about what?"she asked turning her attention towards us. The girls wouldn't speak up so I rolled my eyes and went at it.

"Okay so, me and the girls w-were wondering....if we could take a look at our contracts,"I replied.

"Yea just to check them out,"Chili said nodding her head. She signaled Jason, our DJ to leave the back of the bus, while we talked.

"What, you don't trust me enough? Girls I worked my butt off for yaw so yaw could successful and stuff. And yaw can't trust me?"she asked sounding hurt. I knew I should've never been apart of this.

"No No! We do, and we thank you for all of what you done. We just want to make sure everything is okay,and on point,"I said trying to convince her. She shook her head then walked off the bus. "I told yaw this wasn't gone work,"I said signing.