t h r e e

Monday morning had come around to Hogwarts and every one was groaning because they had classes today. After 6 weeks of doing nothing classes were the last thing anyone wants to do.

The Slytherin common room especially wasn't a place of joy when the new school year starts.

Scorpius Malfoy was smiling in his sleep. Albus, who was already awake, couldn't help wandering what he was dreaming about. 'Probably Rose' He thought.

Looking around the room Albus could see that everyone has gone. He looked up at the old clock up on the wall and the hands pointed to; TIME FOR CLASS. He sat up with a jolt, Albus then ran to Scorpius's bed and shook him awake.

'Scorp! Come on! We're going to be late!'

They both hurriedly put on their uniforms, grabbed their cloaks and ran down the stairs to the corridor.

'Potter..... What.... Have we got...... First?'

Scorpius said with many breaths in between.

'Um, I don't know - it only says the room.' Replied Albus.

Scorpius scrunched up his nose at this information but kept on running. He and Albus ran into the classroom and sat down at the nearest desk they could find, just as Professor. Merrythought barged into the classroom. She was a very round lady and wore purple robes with a purple witches hat with a golden buckle in the middle. Professor. Merrythought also wore black loafers and basically looked the stereotypical muggle witch.

'Hello Class! And welcome to level 5 Defence against the dark arts. This year we will be learning many advanced spells and techniques to keep yourselves safe. Now remember these spells are not to be used against one another, only for defence.'
The Professor Rambled for what seemed forever.

But what did make Albus's ears prick up was the word, 'Patronus' He then listened to what the Professor was saying.
'Now children. The spell we will be studying today is the Patronus charm. This is a very hard spell to master. There is only one person to have done it any younger than this, he was as young as 13 and is today know as The Boy Who Lived.'
At this point quite a few beady eyes turned round to stare at Albus.

'Stop staring Class, instead, form a single file line across the room and make sure you can all see me.'

There was a very large hustle and bustle and A LOT of pushing because everyone wanted to know what their soul animal was.

Scorpius and Rose made it to the front of the line but Albus got pulled back in the crowd and got stuck at the back of the line.

'Okay class,' The professor boomed,'Repeat after me. Expecto Patronum. Don't forget to roll your R's. Expecto Patrrrrrrrronum'

The entire class struggled with rolling their R's apart from Albus and Scorpius because Scorpius had taught Albus how to do it.

'Now class, remember to think of a happy memory, focus on that memory and cast the spell. Scorpius, you're up first. Just remember not everyone can do it first time. Even the great Harry Potter struggled with this spell.'

A few beady eyes turned around again to stare at Albus but quickly turned around again when he looked back at them.

Scorpius went first, he thought about his first kiss with Rose, then he waved his wand in a circular motion and shouted 'EXPECTO PATRONUM'
A faint white mist sprouted from the tip of his wand and surrounded the room.

Rounds of applause came from all around the room and some whistling could be heard too.

Scorpius beamed at Rose and scurried off to the back of the line to join Albus.

"Woah! That was pretty cool, huh?" Albus said to Scorpius

"Yeah." Scorpius replied

"What did you think of?"

"Kissing Rose." Scorpius said very awkwardly, blushing a bit.

Albus didn't reply to this but thought rushed through his head.
Does he prefer Rose to me? Maybe I'm not good enough for him.

It was Rose's turn now. She raised her wand just like Scorpius and thought of Scorpius kissing her, the same faint white mist came from her wand too.

When she had done the spell their was light applause as everyone had already seen jthis. She ran to the back of the line  and hugged Scorpius.

"What did you think of?" Scorpius asked Rose
"You" she replied

Albus went into another world, oblivious to anything else that was happening around him. By the time he stopped daydreaming it was his turn and he was at the front.

All eyes were on him as he waved his wand and thought of Scorpius.

He thought of them first meeting;
He  thought of them hugging for the first time;
He thought of Scorpius grabbing onto his hand and never letting go.
He thought of love;
He thought of Scorpius.

And suddenly out from his wand burst a blinding white light, different from all the others. A string of light paraded around the room and curled up in a ball. The ball kept spinning and going tighter and tighter, until a bright whitish-blue creature formed.
A lion.

Everyone gasped in awe at this magnificent creature. It ran around everyone. Roaring loudly until it came to Scorpius. It gently nuzzled him, purred slightly before bearing it's teeth at Rose and curled up to go to sleep as Albus lost concentration.

Rose and Scorpius looked at each other puzzled by what the lion did.

"Well done Albus" said the teacher clapping loudly.

But as she said it, Albus's vision went blurry and then went black.

His body went limp and fell on the          ground.

I Know that this is very much like the  Prisoner of Azkaban and it's for kind of the same reason but different. I apologise for the cliffhanger
Actually no.
I don't, fight me
Anywayyyy
Thanks for reading this chapter! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow! Or not. Do what you want 😂

Arden💚