Chapter 4: Short Ride

IMPORTANT:

For those people who skip the authors note at the end, I SET VOTE GOALS FOR EACH CHAPTER. They're usually found at the bottom of each authors note but I'm going to start putting them at the top so it'll be more effective(hopefully). I don't update until my goals are reached so how fast the next chapter is up is literally up to you, help everyone out a bit and press the button! The vote goal is 5 votes and I wanna get 430 reads! THATS ALL LOVE YOU.

       After a few minutes of arguing I had finally given Xavier my address to plug into his phone.  I figured the sooner I gave into his wicked ways, the sooner I could get as far away from him as possible.

He claimed I was difficult, but in reality he was just an asshole.

Silence filled the rusted truck as the raven haired boy started to take the route to my house. Since the roads were bad from the cold rain it would probably be about a ten minute drive, and I was already counting down the seconds. I had forgotten that Xavier drove like an actual PSYCHOPATH, and my nervous hands gripped the seat until my knuckles turned white. Xavier swerved into the other lane, passing the car in front of us while driving full speed towards an oncoming car. He jerked the wheel back into our intended lane at the last possible second and the car honked as they zoomed past.

"Are you crazy?!" I shouted at him, my heart beating rapidly in my chest at my near death experience. Did I already mention that the roads were bad? Because they were.

        "Relax, I know how to drive, Casper," he stated, shooting me a 'calm down' look, "don't be such a drama queen."

        "Drama queen?" I exclaimed, waving my hands at the road stretched before us, "we could've died!"

"You look perfectly alive to me."

I ignored him, purposefully looking out the window with the hopes that he would leave me alone. A few minutes of silence passed and just as he was about to say something else, my phone buzzed.

Sam: Why aren't you home yet? You okay?

        I glanced at the time and let out a sigh, deciding to ignore the message. She was just wondering where I was because it was already almost 4 o'clock and usually I got home before her. Since she had meetings and whatnot for her club, she usually had to stay about an hour after school but without football and with my ankle I had no reason to not be home. I started to feel a little guilty since I was technically betraying her, but I would rather ignore the message than lie to her about where I was. How could I just say 'oh yeah, I'm with Xavier, yeah that guy, remember him?' I would be home soon anyway, it wasn't worth causing a fuss or lying. Only 6 more minutes left, and I would be free from this douchebag forever.

        We came to a stop at a red light, and with no moving scenery to distract me I turned to look at Xavier. My eyes widened as my eyes met his. He had already been looking at me. With a red tint to his ears he turned his eyes back to the road as the light turned green, but now my mind started to kick into gear. Why had he been staring at me? Feeling self conscious from all the comments about my body throughout the day, I tugged on my shirt, hoping it would loosen slightly. It snapped back into place with a whoosh of air and I kept myself from sighing in disappointment.

        "If you have something to say, just say it," I said to him, steeling myself. I would not let those comments bring me down. I would lose the weight, I didn't have to feel like this.

        "What?" He sounded genuinely surprised at my question, but I wouldn't be fooled. I knew he had been staring at me because of how I had changed.

        "I know I gained a few pounds," ok maybe more than a few, "so if you have something to say about it then say it."

        "I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Why would it fucking matter to me what happens with your body? You need to take a step back from that trampoline called conclusions," he said, slight irritation in his tone. "I was looking at that ridiculous stain on your shirt, not your body you dramatic prick."

        At a loss for words, I turned my head to the window again. 2 more minutes.

We're almost to the street where my neighborhood starts when we get another red light, and I can see Xavier is frustrated by it. His jaw is clenched, his fingers are tapping on the wheel in a hard rhythm, and if looks could kill that stop light would be dead.

"Are you okay?" I dared to ask him, trying to sound casual after his outburst a few minutes ago.

"I'm fine," he snapped, "I just have to be at work soon and these red lights aren't doing jack shit to help me get there on time."

Well you didn't have to drive me home, I distinctly remember telling you NOT to help me but I'll just keep that to myself so we don't have to throw hands when we finally do arrive at my house.

It was silent for the rest of the journey, and I felt relieved beyond belief when Xavier pulled into my driveway, setting the car in park.

That is, until I saw Sam staring at us from inside the garage.

A/N

I JUST WANT TO THANK doubtedly MY FAVORITE PERSON EVER FOR MAKING THE NEW BOOK COVER!! I am obsessed with it oh my gosh yep everyone leave some love for my boy BC ITS ALSO HIS BDAYYYY

This is short and unedited I'm sorry but it was actually kind of difficult to write bc I'm still getting a feel for Xavier and Casper's characters and how they act with each other lmao

But I have major plans for the future so let's fr try to reach that vote goal YEAH!