Chapter 7: The Photo Pt. 2

**CASPER'S POV**

        I was about to give up on solving an equation in Math when Candice gave me a tap on the shoulder.

        "Hey, don't rush out after class I need to show you something," she said, an oddly serious expression on her face.

        "What is it?" I frowned, meeting her eyes. I didn't know Candice that well but from our brief interactions I knew she wasn't a very serious person, so I was getting a little nervous about what she deemed important enough to have to show me once the period ended.

        "We'll talk about it after class," she shrugged, putting a scowl on her face and turning back to her work.

        I frowned at my own worksheet, thoughts running through my mind as to what it could be. Maybe it wasn't as serious as I was thinking it was, maybe it was just a funny video or something. She could just be trying to stress me out to poke fun at me afterwards. I mean, I barely knew her, so I could have easily read her tone wrong too. However, when I glanced over at her she had the same tense expression.

        By the time the bell rang I had worked myself into a walking and talking molecular being full of anxiety. Candice stayed in her seat as some people hurried out the door and others began to pack their things. I slowly began to put my folder and books into my bag as everyone cleared out, waiting for Candice to say something.

        "Alright, come with me," she said simply, getting out of her seat and walking towards the door. I hurried to do the same and slung my bag across my shoulder, quickly following her out. She walked to a small secluded space in the hallway and stood by it. I stopped in front of her as she turned around to face me. "So it's not like we're best friends or anything, but my friend sent me this post that's apparently been going around. I figured you probably didn't know about it, so here you go." She handed me her phone to look at, a wary expression on her face.

        I looked down and saw a picture of me climbing out of Xavier's car after the party posted to an anonymous account.

        CASPER SAMUELS CLIMBING OUT OF XAVIER ANDREWS' CAR AFTER GAY HOOK UP!!!!!

        "What the fuck," I murmured, staring intently at the post. It had over a hundred comments, and I clicked to look at them.

        LOL!! Xavier was totally the pitcher

        bro who cares

        why are you posting somebody else's business?

        Who let those fags be on the football team?

        Makes sense he could never get it up for me..

        I stared at the last comment posted by Gwen in disbelief. That was supposed to be a secret between us. She had always said she understood that some guys had trouble getting it up. So what I was one of them? Relationships shouldn't be sex based anyways. Maybe it was stress or anxiety from school and football, or a mental thing where I couldn't be comfortable. How could she post that on her public account? Of course now people were going to think I'm for sure gay now with my ex-girlfriend saying it made sense.

        The phone was suddenly snatched from my hands and I looked up to see Candice giving me a look of concern. I didn't even want to think about what I looked like in that moment. Pathetic, probably. My life had flipped upside down in the span of a month.

        "I just thought you should know. I've been reporting the post for harassment and bullying considering it's obvious you weren't aware of the picture being taken, and it's slander upon your name whether it's true or not," she said, pocketing her phone as the bell for next class rang. She made no move to leave, and neither did I.