-01

❝You don't even need the make up, save that shit for later.❞

- Nate Maloley, Like That

She lounges at her inadequate table, warmed by the perceivable ray of sunlight glaring through the window beside her, and engulfed in frivolous conversation. Several pairs of eyes admire her from a distance, envious of her popularity, mesmerized by her beauty, hypnotized by her melodic giggles.

Her presence graces everyone around her. Just by the sound of her voice, the bored were intrigued, the clueless were mused and the sleepy were alarmed. Every word that slipped from her glossy lips was laced with joy and humor.

In the small neighborhood she lived in, she was looked up to, as a role model and a path setter. By addled souls, and every member of the youth that aspired to be something meaningful. This resulted in her being well known, not only among the young, but parents of those.

There was no corner you could turn, no conversation you could miss, no party you could enter, and not hear her sweet name.

It was impossible to hate her. She was sweet to all, those who bathed in fame and those who hid themselves in the corner of any room they stepped foot in. She was generous, gave to anyone who asked, whether they could afford it or not. and, to top it off, she was the valiant soul who put an end to bullying in west coast royal high school.

So, as said before, there was just no hating her.

With unintentional elegance, she reaches into her Celiné handbag, revealing her pink-tinted lip gloss, before applying a thin layer to her plump lips. She tucks it away when done, aligning her phone with her face, and analyses her already perfect appearance for reassurance that she hadn't gone overboard. She smiles at her face in her brightly lit phone screen. She was beautiful.

And she knew it.

Her face was godly sculpted, every bone naturally contoured, and every freckle expertly placed. Her short, opal brown hair frames her face, complimenting her emerald colored eyes. But the feature all her onlookers admired, was her sharp jawline. Described, it may seem a mess but mixed together, it was a masterpiece made by the man upstairs himself.

She lets out a tired sigh as she tucks her device away and looks back to the girl babbling irrelevant nonsense beside her. Her being the polite and feeling-aware human that she is, refused to tell the girl that she honestly didn't care. She always cared to put other people's feelings before her own.

"So, i just decided to get both!" she draws her attention from the satisfying image of her milkshake's capacity decreasing as she drank from it, and looked into the excitement filled eyes of Maddie Bragg, one of her multiple outside companions.

"That's great."

"So, Sahar," Maddie Bragg grins a cheeky grin, twirling a strand of her honey colored hair around her bony index finger, "i heard you're having a small get together at our be- i mean your beach house."

Sahar frowns at this, mentally shaking her head at the immaturity of high school fibs, although, she was used to people creating false events to try and persuade her to actually let them happen.

"It's not true, Maddie," Sahar smiles softly. Maddie rolls her eyes in annoyance. She thought her pathetic attempt to make that 'get together' rumour would spark party ideas in Sahar's head- but she was wrong. Sahar was so much smarter than that.

"But who knows? I might just decide to throw a pool party later this holiday," Sahar continues, noticing Maddie's sudden change in attitude.

"Oh, okay," Maddie huffs, slipping her arm through her handbag's handles and rising from the plush seat beside Sahar, "I'll see you at that pool party then!"

And she walks away.

"Ugh, I don't see why you put up with her, she's such a materialistic bitch." The arrogance and disgust in the shrieking voice draws her attention away from her drink, and into into the eyes of Kelsey Calemine, her life long best friend. Although not alike in looks, they were certainly alike in personality.

With her sun-kissed brown hair, her abnormal shade of green eyes, and her day-brightening smile, it was fair enough to say that Kelsey was equally as beautiful as Sahar. And it was that fact, that drew them together in the first place.

"Don't be so harsh, Kelsey," Sahar laughs at her friend's choice of words, "I don't even think she can help being the way she is."

"Curse you and your good heart. I can't wait for the day someone exposes Maddie for who she really is," Kelsey glares at where Maddie sits admiring her reflection in a teaspoon, "she's vain."

"So you've said," Sahar giggles, following Kelsey's hate filled gaze.

"And she's so stereotypical," Kelsey scoffs, "just because she has a little bit of yellow hanging off that thick head of hers, doesn't mean she has to act like a dumb blonde!"

"Are you done yet, Kells?" Sahar raises an artistically done eyebrow at Kelsey, who only laughs.

"Yes, I'm done. Thanks for tuning in for rants with Kelsey; see you next week, bitches," Kelsey jokes, throwing up her middle fingers for everyone within 10 metres to see.

"You're too much for me, Kelsey," Sahar shakes her head playfully. Before Kelsey could defend herself, Sahar's phone vibrates, sending trembles across their table. She picks up her phone, sliding the message across the phone to view, and as her eyes rake across the picture message, she chuckles a soft chuckle.

"What is it?" Kelsey scoots closer to her friend, narrowing her eyes at Sahar's phone, before giggling with all her heart.

"You made this, didn't you?" Sahar guesses, handing the phone to Kelsey, who's grin only broadens.

"Yep," Kelsey smirks, wiggling her eyebrows at her dear friend as she giggles at the picture, "What do you think?"

"I love it, honestly," Sahar chortles, before placing her phone face down on the table, "I just don't think Cameron would appreciate us doodling pastel colored penises on his pictures."

"That's not even a tenth of what that whore-bag deserves," Kelsey scoffs, saving her dick-covered masterpiece to her camera roll before closing the app.

"Karma'll get him," Sahar shrugs. Just the thought of Cameron Dallas could change her mood drastically, and she didn't want that. She wanted to enjoy the rest of her last day of high school, no drama, no tears, and certainly no boys—

"He's so rude," Kelsey continues, "Apparently, he's got a fight with those boys from Omaha, 'cause he was talking so much shit about them."

"When's that, then?" Sahar's eyebrows furrow, suddenly curious at the information. As good a person as she is, she'd still love to watch Cameron Dallas get his ass beat and served to him on a golden platter.

"Tonight, at the porthole," Kelsey shrugs, eyeing down her now grinning best friend, "Are we going?"

"Hell yeah."

TAMPAX
Copyright © All Rights Reserved