-04

❝Only go where there's good vibes.

- Jack and Jack, Tides

JACK runs a clothed hand through his bleached locks, glaring at the dark scene before him. He focuses on the  tittering figures weakly illuminated by dim headlights, counting them. One by one. And again, once he'd done. His dark orbs never left the small ensemble.

His body was numb and his cheeks burned a pale red, as dulcet winds caressed his exposed skin. He strithed his hardest to ignore the cold's bitter nipping at his fingers, and his growing lust for a pair of thick gloves and a well knitted scarf. He hated fall.

But then again, he also hated summer. And winter. And spring.

His wandering mind clears of it's distasteful thoughts, once realizing the sudden decrease of noise. His eyes narrow as he watches a dark colored car roll towards his eyes' previous center of attention. As the door to the vehicle opens and a shaggy mess of brown hair appears, he can't help but smirk.

A russle of crisp leaves and tender twigs snapping, beside him, barely catch his scrutiny; only his awaiting acquaintances would climb this high at such dark hours. He reluctantly takes a step back, and shuffles to his left, making room for his late comers.

"We got you your burger," Sam's croaky voices fills his ears. This statement massages his stomach, as he sticks his hand out, anticipating his well deserved sandwich.

"Thanks," he grumbles, as the hot, expertly wrapped burrito burger falls into his hands, sending a, somewhat, heat-filled bolt throughout the veins in his palm.

"Gilinsky," he pauses mid-unwrap to face the source of obnoxious noise, coming face to face with his life long best friend, and one of his many partners in crime from his gang of misfits.

"Shut up and sit down, Johnson, or people will see your big head," he remarks, with a teasing edge to his tone. The boy frowns in disapproval at the harmless insult.

"Damn, Jack, you really hurt my feelings," Johnson clutches a hand to his layered chest, before obeying Jack's command and resting himself in between his two friends.

"Where are the others?"

"Nate's driving the car up the hill, Derek and John joined him 'cause they're lazy little fuckers," Sam scoffs, pausing to take a bite from his own sandwich, "and Tez is-"

"Why the fuck are we sitting here? Is y'all high? I'm cold," the three boys' heads turn at the futile use of profanity. Sam and Johnson release hushed fits of laughter as they watch, in amusement, as their friend stumbles towards them, dodging trees and tripping over misplaced rocks.

"Shut up, Tezera. Dallas is just over there," Jack raises a shuddering finger, pointing in the direction of their mission. He fails to notice Tez grumble in frustration at his formal reference to his full name.

"You ain't Momma T, so you can't call me Tezera, fool," Tez mumbles to himself, as he takes a makeshift seat behind the three boys, "if Dallas is down there, why are we up here?"

"Strategy, Tez. Strategy."

"I shouldn't have even bothered coming, it's obvious who's going to win, am I right?"

SAHAR tries her hardest to pay no heed to her sudden urge to ram her car into the figure before her. she watched him flick his stiff quiff to the left, she grimaced as he dragged his tongue across his shriveled lips, she rolled her eyes as he spoke confidently of the fight she was sure he would lose.

"I don't know, cam," a softer voice, a voice more pleasant to her ears, was heard, "they seem a little dangerous, and I'm not in the mood to waste gas driving you to a hospital." She snickers at this, waiting for cam's snarky comment.

"Don't worry, Aaron, i'm winning this shit," Cameron retorts. His overconfidence irked her to the point of murder. After all, she knew it was impossible for him to be victorious. Not against these guys, she reassures herself.

"If you say so, just know I'm not willing to jump in and help you out if they start winnin- ouch, who the fuck threw that?" the unforeseen use of profanity drew Sahar's attention away from her phone, and up to the two boys who's conversation had abruptly stopped.

The crowd's murmur quietened, as people looked between each other, waiting for someone to own up to it. She rolls her eyes at the childish conduct, folding her arms. Boredom was clawing at her sanity-

She jerks as a clamorous bang erupts throughout her car. Her ears deepen a pale red and she grinds her two rows of teeth, watching a stone roll off the hood off the once clear, and now dented, roof of her car.

Anger was an understatement. Without caution, she swings the door beside her open, clambering out in an aggressive rush, before slamming it shut with harsh force. By now, everyone in the confined area was aware of the situation.

Someone was throwing stones at them.

"Who threw this!" Sahar screeches, as she bends down retrieving the object that had damaged her car and angered her to an unsafe point. She glares at all the blank profiles around her.

"It came from up there," a hushed voice mutters. Everyone's heads turned, following the stranger's gaze, to the blurred silhouettes of light-deprived trees, clustered together to create a forest.

"You heard her,"  Sahar's head snaps to her side, where Cameron now stands, with his arms folded in a dominating manner, and his lips drawn back into a cocksure smirk. She rolls her eyes at his smugness, but decides against insulting it, "who threw it?"

An eerie silence falls among the small ensemble, as everybody waits for a response. Sahar's eyes scan the space in front of her, searching for any trace of movement. Fucking coward.

"I threw it."

Her eyebrows raise at the deep voice, and she immediately narrows her eyes, searching for the nuisance who owns it. Finally, she can make out the dark outline of a sinewy figure, taking small and cautious steps towards her, as they jump down from piled rocks.

But, as they inch closer, another figure catches her eye. And another. And another. And another, Until seven anonymous beings are closing in on the small area in which she stands, intimidating her and everyone nearby.

"Fuck, it's them, isn't it?"

"They're here for Cameron."

"What a grand entrance."

As they grew closer, the crowd's whispers grew louder and she grew less angry and more amused. Her night was finally beginning. She glances at the once smirking boy beside her, who now gnawed at his bottom lip as if it were a chew toy.

His anxiety satisfied her in so many ways; she couldn't help letting out a small chuckle at his, now worried, facial expression. She nudges his side gently, turning to him as she messes with the stone hidden away in her palm.

"Here," she smiles a cold smile, pushing her fist into his chest. His fingers closed around her wrist, as he pried open her closed hand. He takes the molding rock, frowning. Sahar releases a clouded laugh, before patting Cameron's covered shoulder. "You'll need it."

TAMPAX
Copyright © All Rights Reserved