-11

❝She got that smile, and that body is to die for, one of a kind. ❞ 

- The Vamps, I Found A Girl

  ✦ 

She lazily traces illusive patterns on her left bicep, as she glares at racks upon racks of her venture's treasury. She could feel  the decisive sector of her mind steaming up, its clogs gyrating out of control, comparing prices, quantities, reviews, and all other qualities she knew of.

Sahar slowly descends, shifting her entire body weight to one knee, reaching for a dollar packet of tampons, however, before she can pick up the unbranded product, her hand pauses. She groans, realizing she's already changed her mind about the purchase.

"Don't get those, they're tacky as hell, it's like sticking a rock up your vagina," Kelsey's voice causes Sahar to ascend and turn away from her activity, as she locks eyes with her friend, who zips past balancing on the wheels of the rolling trolley.

"Yeah, I should've known; they're unbranded after all," Sahar grumbles, dragging her feet towards where Kelsey span with the cart, resembling an unsuccessful ballerina. Sahar grasps the edge of the cart, peering at the snacks Kelsey had chose with internal excitement.

Although she didn't feel drowsy, her face, her shoulders and her posture sagged in a tiresome manner. The two had only been in the toiletry cosmetics aisle for a good five minutes, but she felt as if she'd been scanning tampons for hours on end, and it had tired her out.

Kelsey noticed her friend's lack of energy, sending her a sympathetic simper. Sahar rolls her eyes, in assurance that she felt fine, although she felt far from it, before edging towards the pricier selection of tampon brands.

"You should get the Tampax Compak Pearl ones, I saw the advert and Logan's mum told me they're the fucking shit," Kelsey advises, trailing after Sahar with their cart. Sahar's mood lifts as she comes across the suggested item.

"How many should we get?" Sahar smirks, a mischievous guise poisoning her sweet appearance as she juggles the two in her hands.

"GO LONG!" Sahar's head snaps up at Kelsey's sudden proclamation, and she grins a boyish grin, at the sight of Kelsey semi-crouching, legs far apart and arms stretched ready to catch a football. Sahar glances at the two packs in her palms, making a much less challenging decision.

She places one down, before putting some distance between her own two feet, and adjusting her stance. She pulls herself together, mentally and physically, and threw the tampon, just as her brother had taught her to throw a ball.

Sahar watches the packet zip through the air, and Kelsey catches it with ease, punching the air triumphantly. "And again!" Sahar throws another, and Kelsey catches it once again, and not being able to withhold their excitement at the successful to and fro, they continue, until there are fifteen packets of violet tampons piled in their cart.

"Shit, we took too many," Sahar giggles, estimating the amount from a distance. Kelsey shrugs, nominating two packets at random from the cart, and making eye contact with Sahar. Catching onto her friend's idea, Sahar beams, clapping twice before opening her arms to catch the two packets.

And then, she threw them.

Kelsey threw them. Kelsey threw the tampons so off course, Sahar's jaw drops a meter in bedlam. The amount of force put into the two throws was enough to knock over a kid, and they both knew this for sure as they watched the blur of purple  zoom way above their heads.

Sahar, acting fast, begins jogging backwards, determined to catch the packets before anything else does, the last she wanted was to pay extra for a broken vase. But opposite her, Kelsey's attention no longer belonged to the tampons, instead a mighty force behind Sahar.