-06

❝Where do the good boys go to hide away?❞

- Daya, Hide away

SAHAR glares icily at her trembling fingers, wrapped around her steering wheel. Dulcet winds brushed against her exposed skin, as she jabbed at the window imprinted button beside her. She was benumbed, but needed fresh air to rid herself of the pleasurable nausea in the depths of her stomach.

She didn't feel in contact with her body, or reality. She felt like she had quaffed a cabinet full of alcohol, on a ferris wheel spinning defiant. She felt like she had been spun twenty times, and then been forced across a tight rope. She felt on edge.

She angles her rear view mirror, gazing at her reflection. Although her vision was dimmed, she could still make out her caked profile. she looked fresh, but she felt bewildered. her body was in shock, as it reminded her of what she had witnessed.

cameron got his ass beat.

her train of thoughts dissembles as her phone's ring bounces off the four walls making her car. she jumps at the sudden clamor, before checking for process in the traffic that consumed her. she then reaches for her phone, accepting it's holler as she read the name on her screen.

"sahar? oh my god, i can't believe i missed it," sahar releases a shaky breath, as kelsey's voice cackles through the phone, "i actually missed it! i'll never forgive logan for this. we could have gone to the movies any other day, for fuck's sake."

"kelsey."

"to be honest, the theatre wasn't even that good. serves me right for being such a good friend. next time, it's your go-"

"kelsey!" an unintentional scream expels from the back of sahar's throat, and her hand collides with the dashboard of her car. there's silence, and sahar takes advantage of this. her teeth stop chattering, and she release a breath she forgot she was holding.

"t-the cops showed up. i didn't even move fast enough 'cause i was too busy dazing at the guy that beat up cameron! that was horrible!" she cries, allowing her head to loll forward, making fierce contact with her horn. she jumps, startles, as it honks a loud honk.

"wait, what?" kelsey stutters, voice glazed with confusion. sahar could hear kelsey's movement over the phone, before a door slams shut and autumn leaves' rustles follow.

"i know right! god, i do-"

"you locked eyes with one of them? my god, you're so fucking lucky," kelsey gasps a gasp full of envy, before releasing a deep groan. sahar scrunches up her face in disappointment, glaring at where her phone rested dangerously on the edge of her dashboard.

"kelsey, are you even hearing yourself? they're crimina- he's a criminal! he knocked cameron out cold!"

"that's what cameron gets for talking so much shit. he's a keyboard warrior, i swear," kelsey mumbles, followed by a hazy sigh. sahar rolls her eyes at her friend's nonchalance, gritting her teeth as she, once again, tries to get her point across.

"kelsey, goddammit!" she screams, gaining the attention of the cars either side of her, "they could all get arrested! arrested! that's a big fucking deal!"

"but no one can arrest you for having a brief 'moment' with one of them," kelsey shrugs. "so, what did he look like?"

"what did who look like?"

"you know, the guy," kelsey chuckles. blood gushes to sahar's cheeks as she rests her palm against her forehead. her tummy froths and pins and needles nip at her fingertips. she shakes her head, retrieving her phone from where it perched.