Break up's and Mansions

First Chapter!!! Hope you enjoy!!! :D

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(Hermione's P.O.V.)

Ron fiddled with his tea spoon, swirling it in his favorite black coffee with little sweetener in it. We sat at our tiny table in our cozy little apartment, hidden from muggle view. He was a little quieter than usual, but nothing seemed out of place.

I turned the page of the Daily Prophet, scanning the page for something interesting to engage myself in.

"Erm... Hermione?"

I looked up from my newspaper, looking into my love's beautiful face. His heavy set jaw, his deep blue eyes, with his red hair crowning his head never ceased to mesmerize me. He looked troubled, his brow crinkled in confusion yet anticipation.

"What is it Ron?" I asked, giving him my full undivided attention.

I grabbed his free hand, touching his engagement ring. Something was really bothered him and I could tell in the way he grasped my hand, stiff and firm.

"Hermione," he said again, "I just... I can't do this anymore."

I was caught by surprise. "What do you mean? Wait, are

you...?"

"Yes, I'm breaking up with you."

I completely froze, not believing what I just heard. The tears immediately threatened to take over.

"But babe..."

"Hermione, I just think it's a little too early, ya know? We should look around before we actually settle down. And your just not my type. Your just..." He trailed off, not wanting to finish what he started.

"I'm what?" I said quietly, not wanting to burst under my frustration.

"You're just... you just don't seem very into this relationship. There isn't anything that's keeping us going. You're just really boring, you always want to stay in line, not wanting to do anything fun. You are ALWAYS reading, and the way you dress, it makes you look like an old hag and it messes with my reputation."

The words stung, hurting my already shattered heart. Tears started to cloud my vision. "I never knew you felt this way. Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"Because knowing you, you wouldn't take it lightly. I never wanted to hurt you, but I want to live my life how I want to... And I just don't see it with you."

I pulled my hand away from his and held it to my chest. "Well, I'm sorry for being a disappointment in your life. I'm sorry for thinking you were the one I wanted to be with forever. I'm sorry for not trying to be 'fun'. I'm sorry for trying to become smarter instead of being one of those girl's who can't even speak to her boyfriend, let alone her fiancé."

I got up and stormed toward my bedroom door. He caught up to me, grabbing my wrist pleading with me. Wrenching my wrist out of his grasp, I flicked my wand and all of my belongings flew into my purse that we used to hide the horcruxes.

Then I practically ran for the door, not wanting to see his face. "Hermione, wait!"

I turned on him. "I have done my waiting, five years of it. And three weeks before our wedding? I can't do this anymore. Goodbye."

Right before I walked out, I turned back and said, "Ha, I guess you really are a traitor, aren't you?"

And with that, I left his apartment, slamming the door on my shocked ex-fiancé.

*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·

I disapparated to a lonely road that I loved to walk along. It had beautiful ancient abandoned mansions that no one attended. Their glory just got the best of me.

I crumbled to the rocky road, bursting into tears. My sobs echoed loudly throughout the mansions, ricocheting through the cracks of the old buildings. Trying to calm myself down just brought even more tears which I couldn't control. There I was on the cold hard ground, trembling with incomprehensible grief. "That stupid git," I said to myself over and over.

After crying most of my eyes out, I noticed it began to sprinkle. The winds picked up, tossing my bushy hair to and fro. Before long, the little sprinkle turned into a harsh down pour, sending me to look for cover.

I took the path to the nearest mansion near me. It's headges were neatly kept, grape vines crisscrossing over and through the fence, the smooth asphalt kept clean of stray leaves or dirt. In my dreams, it would have been the perfect house to live in.

I flew up the steps and bursted through the intricate doors. Quietly, I turned back around and shut them, not wanting to mess up this beautiful lobby.

Finding a fireplace nearby, I trudged over to it and plopped down. Through my depression, I didn't notice that the fireplace was on, or that the house was warm, unlike the outside; I just hid my face in my now soaked knees and sobbed uncontrollably.

Only when someone touched my shoulder, did I realise that I wasn't alone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Please vote, comment and do whatever thou pleases eth. Thanks!!! (: