Let's Take A Risk

"Draco! C'mon!" Screamed Astoria. Her brunette hair bounced lightly in her curls that laid softly down her back. Draco's bight grey eyes lit up and he followed her up a giant hill. They were at the newly built barn again that held their most favorite horses in the world.

"Charlotte! Snowflake! We are hooooome!" Astoria announced loudly. Draco giggled as the horses snorted in greeting, pawing the ground powerfully. Astoria stared at the creatures in awe, widening her already big eyes that were filled with wonder. Draco reached up his hand to touch Charlotte and the giant horse immediately calmed to meet his small hand. It's nose felt as fine velvet, and his whiskers tickled Draco's face and he laughed in delight.

A loud screeching was heard from behind Draco and he turned to see what it was. Astoria was dragging a wooden crate over to her horse. "Astoria?"

She acknowledged Draco with only a greedy glance and she jumped onto the crate and onto her horse. Even though they were young, they could tell they were not tame. The horse flung his head back, startled by the new presence on his back. "Shhh, shhh! It's ok Snowflake! It's ok!" Cooed Astoria. Yet still, the young horse prevail, shaking violently. Astoria laid her hand on the horse's muzzle and you could almost hear the magic being done. The horse immediately calmed, smelling the familiar scent of her. "There you go Snowflake! Good horsie!" The horse neighed in agreement.

"C'mon Draco! You can do it too!" Screamed Astoria. But Draco had only wanted to watch. "No," he whined.

"Oh you big silly, it is easy!" Astoria jumped off her horse and dragged another dirty crate but to Charlotte's stall. Draco back away slowly, staring at his now curious horse but a little persistent hand pushed him from behind, egging his to get on his horse. He was pushed up onto the crate and just stood there, not wanting to move at all. His horse moved her head slowly to look at him in the face, for he was now her height. 'I can do this. It's Charlotte after all; she trusts me.'

Draco flung himself, very ungracefully, onto the back of the horse. The horse reared, almost knocking Draco off the back. "Draco!" screeched a terrified Astoria, "Touch her face!" When the horse landed on the ground again, ready to bound up again, Draco leaned forward to touch her muzzle. It was as soft as velvet, the whiskers so fine they tickled his hand. Draco could feel the horse breathing in his scent and relaxing. Astoria laughed. "SEE? I told you!"

She walked back to her horse and climbed on, which didn't startle him this time. She unlocked the stall door and lead her horse to the opening of the barn door. "C'mon Draco!" She called again. Draco did the same, but without hesitation this time. The galloped around the field for what seemed like hours. The pair of them couldn't stop laughing because of all the fun they had. When the sun hung high in the sky, burning their already tanned skin, they decided to hit the hay, literally. Once they lead their horses back into their stall and gave them some food, they fell back onto huge piles of hay.

Draco closed his eyes, breathing in deeply. Silence felt wonderful after all the play they had. His head pounded furiously with excitement and he could feel the heat radiating off of himself.

"Hey Draco? Can I show you something?"

"Hmm?" Draco turned over on his stomach to look at his best friend. Her expression had resolved to being concerned, looking intently into his eyes. She took a golden key out of her pocket and held it in between their stare. "This," she said, staring at it like it was worth her life. "I need to hide it Draco. My daddy said I need to hide safe and well. He told me it was to a part of our house that was cursed, and never to be opened... Where should I hide it?" Draco took it from her hand curiously and looked around.