I Can't Do This Anymore

Hermione and Malfoy dashed down the dark driveway, only able to see with the blue lighting of the moon hanging over them. The gates flung open upon impact. Draco cast a sideways glance at Hermione as they ran down the road. Tears streamed down her face, smearing what was left of her makeup. She whispered to herself, “This is all my fault… my fault…” Once they got out of range of Malfoy Manor, they stopped out of breath. “Mione,” Draco gasped. “I’m going to check a couple of places. How about you check Diagon Alley, Gringotts, etcetera. You got it?”

Her head bobbed, still gasping for air.  “If you don’t find her, come back here at midnight ok? I am little afraid this is a trap so please be cautious.” They hugged for only a split second before them both disapparated.

The world spun and twisted before it came to a sudden stop where Hermione almost fell face flat in her panic. Diagon Alley bustled with few visitors occupying each shop for it was well into the night by now. She checked the shoppe nearest her, Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions. Frantically checking the store’s visitors, she didn’t recognize any of them other than her old friend Hannah with her son, who didn’t notice her.

She ran out once more trying not to attract attention. Her next stop was an older cauldron shoppe which she can remember from her childhood. Again, no sign of Astoria or Scorpius.

Every shoppe was the same, she would go in and look around, then ask the manager or person working at the desk if they have seen the pair. Every single one would shake their heads slowly and apologize without another thought to her. Finally, she only had one store left… The Leaky Cauldron. Crossing her fingers and toes, she walked in. She wished she shouldn’t have.

Her favorite family in the world sat in the middle of room all eating, as if they were having some kind of reunion. Molly, Arthur, Bill, Fleur, Charlie, Percy, George, Angelina, Harry, Ginny and Ron were all seated at the largest table in the whole shoppe. Hermione immediately wished she could just turn right around and leave so she could continue searching. But it seemed likely Astoria would hide in here, so Hermione and Draco wouldn’t want to look in here with the Weasley’s inhabiting it. One quick look was all she was going to do. Hiding around the corner, she only stuck out her head to look around. When she got to looking, she didn’t see Astoria or Scorpius’ figures. Ready to turn and leave, someone called out to her. “Hermione! Come here girl!”

All the Weasley looked in the direction Harry was talking to. Hermione’s face reddened as she waved. The Weasley’s immediately stood up to greet her, all crowding uncomfortably close to her. They ushered her to the table.

“Come, have a seat dear!” Molly put on her warmest smile and sat her next to Ginny.

“Hey Mione!” Ginny almost screamed, enthusiastically. She squeezed her arms around Hermione who was already flustered. “H-Hey Ginny!” Ginny’s bright smile appeared as she hugged her best friend. “We haven’t seen each other in forever! Where have you been for the past week or so?”

Squirming in her chair, she really wanted to tell her but she knew her and everyone else’s reaction if she told them where she has been for the past week and what she was doing. “Ummm…” Hermione looked at Ron who looked straight back.

Ginny sensed what was happening. “Oh of course! How could I be so stupid! Just getting ready for the wedding I see?” She wiggled her eyebrows. Everyone who heard burst into laughing fits except Hermione and Ron. “Ha ha, yeah… Listen you guys, I had better get home I gotta-”

“Oh no worry Hermione! We won’t be here for much longer!” George said, putting an arm around his wife.

“No really! I don’t mean to be rude, but I really do have to run.”