A Helping Hand

After several weeks went by slowly, Hermione had devised a plan on her way out and the next day, she was going to take action. Little Scorpius sat on the floor with his Teddy Bear, being a good boy and staying out of trouble. Everyone was seated in the living room, enjoying the quiet and looking out over the sunset. A worried expression was planted on Hermione's father's face, unsure of what his daughter was planning to do. Hermione saw his face and tried to assure him. "Dad, it is ok. You trust me don't you?"

"Yes I trust you! It's them I don't trust! I just don't want you hurt-"

"Dad, I know-"

"Honey," said Hermione's mother, placing a hand on her husbands knee. "You want our daughter to get away safely rather than us, right?" He paused, then nodded gruffly, noticing his wife's point. "Then let her do her job. She knows much about the wizarding world than we do. She is clever."

"She certainly is," joined in Mrs.Benjamin. "I am very surprised you weren't put into Ravenclaw!"

Hermione blushed at the compliment. "Thanks, but the sorting hat saw my bravery more than anything else." A comfortable silence washed over them like a wave, surrounding them and filling the unwanted cracks of the faded conversation. Hermione smiled at Scorpius, who was now playing baby with his Teddy Bear. She would be doing that sooner or later. She placed a hand to her bulging belly, now the size of a miniature softball. Magical babies grew at a faster pace than a normal muggle baby and are usually born a month in advance than muggle babies which had it's ups and downs. An up being that she wouldn't have to carry her baby for so long, a down being that the baby grew faster than a normal baby, making Hermione feel very uncomfortable at times. She gasped as quietly as she could as she felt her baby move inside her. She was going to have to get used to it, being that she was only a month and a half pregnant.

The baby moved around a little bit and finally settled down, sending relief through Hermione. She smiled to herself and excused herself to bed. Quietly padding to her room, she heard little patters behind her. She turned to see Scorpius following her. "What is it sweety?"

He looked up at her with saddened eyes. "Mommy, can I sleep with you? Monsters keep hiding under my bed and they keep scaring me." "Of course you can. Can you go get your jammies on?" He nodded and walked to his room.

Hermione changed also, staring at her tummy in the mirror once she removed her shirt. It looked like a balloon was filled in her tummy and her skin was stretching to not let it pop. A sigh escaped her lips as she pulled on another more comfortable shirt. Once she exited the bathroom, Scorpius was already tucked up in the covers, his eyes set on her. "Can you tell me a story Mom? The house elves used to tell me them when I was little and I miss the ones they told me."

"Ok," she said tapping her chin and placing her arm around Scorpius.

"Once upon a time, there was a baby lion and a baby snake. The baby lion was courageous, showing all her friends what's she could do. But the baby snake was quiet, since he had no other siblings or friends. His parents never played with him, neither talked to him but loved him with all their hearts. One day the baby lion and the baby snake went on a walk without knowing. Then once they were deep in the heart of the woods, they bumped into each other.

" The baby lion stood back wide eyed at the baby snake as he slithered away from her. The bold little lion chased after him and called out, 'Come back! Come back! I want to play with you!' But the snake didn't listen. He ran away until he could no longer hear the lion. He felt bad for leaving the lion like that but he was scared of her.

"Over the course of the next few years the snake and lion grew up together and began to be friends. The lion's friends didn't like her being friends with the snake but she didn't listen to them. She stayed with the snake. He was really nice and funny but was mean at times, which she didn't mind. They grew really close until one of the other lions broke them up-"