Beating again

Chapter 5:

It was weird to suddenly look around the place and feel alone, I could hear the chatter and loud noises flying past me and coming from one ear and out the other. I suppose I expected that I wasn't a person who went to parties any way. I confirmed it and agreed I would never go to another party ever again.

You may wonder why?
I'll tell you.

EMMA POV AT THE PARTY:

I walked out of the bathroom and looked around for Beth, my eyes scanned the crowd for her figure and her hair but I couldn't see anything, I sighed and wondered what kind of trouble she was making, I sighed again knowing that I was going to be the one to clear that up.

I went into the kitchen and saw cola at the table, I grabbed an empty cup and poured the drink, I turned around to leave the kitchen with the drink in my hand but before I knew it my heels snapped, my hands shook, my body moved, my eyes closed and my heart left beating twice as fast.

I squealed as a sudden force of warmth rushed towards me and placed they're arms on my waist and grabbed me close towards their chest. My head rested on it's shoulder and I took a quick breath of air and tried to process what happened.

For a few seconds my body didn't function and I stayed in that position with the arm's wrapped around me holding me up. I pulled away from their grip and before I could say thank you. I blinked twice and tried to fix my dress and hair.

"Thank you for helping me." I said looking into his eyes. Woah, he was tall, he had black hair and parted it to the side, his eyes were a dark brown and he looked like he was from East Asia.

"You're welcome, but are you sure you're okay? I saw your heels snap and I'm pretty sure you've sprained your foot..." He reached down towards my feet and pressed his hand on my foot slightly moving it.

I winced and pulled my leg away and then I realised he was right... But how did he know that?

"How do you know I sprained my foot?" he then instantly groaned and I giggled realising how cute he looked when he did that.

"Sorry...I'm studying to become a physiotherapist; I'm learning about fractures and bones. So when your heel snapped I saw it twist before I grabbed you." he said sheepishly, he scratched his hair and extended his arm out.

"I'm Ewan"

"I'm Emma. Ahhhh, that makes more sense, well I'm glad you grabbed me before I fell" I smiled and shook his hand.

"Where are you from?" I said loudly as the music was blasting through the kitchen.

"I'm from South Korea, I moved here a few years ago with my studies." I nodded and motioned him to come out to the garden so I could talk to him and hear his voice.

I tried walking out to the garden before he gave me his arm to hold as support, my poor heels, my poor foot! I silently winced and tried to keep the pain in.

"Which school do you go to? I haven't seen you around."

"I'm getting transferred to this other school on Monday, I'm not really a good student you see."

"So are you suppose to be some type of bad boy?" I laughed at that thought of meeting a 'bad boy'.

Ewan grabbed me by my waist and pulled be close to his chest, I gulped as I looked into his eyes and saw a type of passion in them, I couldn't look even if I wanted to.

"Yeah, you could say that." he whispered into my ear, I giggled as his warm breath tickled my skin. I pulled back and I cleared my throat.

"I think I should make it clear that I don't really like all this boundary you're over stepping..." I sat down on the garden chair as my feet were now getting tired. I sighed and then remembered about Beth.

Shit! I'm so doomed if she pulls some next bullshit on me, I helplessly tugged my hair and I looked over at Ewan. I turned my head looking for me but he wasn't there, great, another person ditches me, momentarily I forgot about Ewan and started my hunt to look for Beth.

I looked around the inside but I couldn't find her, until I saw her silhouette in the front of the house, I held a stick in one hand that I found in the garden and my heels in the other.

"Beth! What are you doing?!" she turned around and I saw a guy standing next to her with glasses, I looked him up and down and whispered "who the hell is he?" into her ear.

"My new friend and study buddy. You know he goes to our school" she said excitedly weirdly enough she was head over heals with him.

"OKAY! look Beth I really don't have time for your study buddy or messenger boy, or whoever! My foot hurts so please take us home so I can rest and not have my mum freaked out." I angrily took her by the arm and looked at her while she waved goodbye to that boy.

"Okay then..." she said and helped me into the car.

Thank god Beth didn't drink that much and from the looks of it puked already before she drove us back, I looked in her dashboard for some medication, Yes! I found some painkillers and gulped then down with some water I found in my bag.

By the time we reached home, I was half unconscious, I took my seatbelt off and groaned, before I could open the door, Beth grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"What..?" I moaned, silently wishing she just let me sleep!

"I have to tell you something, it's important" her eyes watered and I grabbed her hand.

Oh, what is it now, I thought.

TBC!!!!!

________________________________________________________________________________

THANK YOU TO THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED AND COMMENTED!!!!

THIS MAY NOT BE THE BEST CHAPTER BUT I HOPE IT QUENCHES YOUR THIRST! I WILL BE UPLOADING BETH'S POV SOON.

Hugs and Kisses.

~B.