When things just seem to drag on

Not edited

Chapter 6
Previously:

"I have to tell you something, it's important" her eyes watered and I grabbed her hand.

Oh, what is it now, I thought.

________________________________

I stared at her face, a silence passed before I decided to speak.

"What. What is it?" I quietly whispered as if by asking that question, knowing the answer would threaten our friendship.

"I wanted to say that Noah is amazing! And that I've got dibs on him, don't you dare try to steal him away from me, cause we're going to live happily ever after!"

I sighed and shook my head turning away from her I got out of the car and headed towards the front door.

"Come on! Tell me...you won't like him like him right?"

"Of course Beth, I'm not stupid. I won't if you really like him. Besides I'm not into nerds." She quickly jumped and gave me a hug.

"Hey! Emma! That's rude he's not a nerd he's cute and sweet. Smart. That's what he is smart." I laughed and entered her house taking of my shoes off and holding them in my hand.

We both crept up the stairs making sure we didn't make a sound I jumped when Beth behind me made a sound.

"Shhhh." I whispered.

She smacked my arm and told me to go faster and I ran up skipping few stairs and shutting the bedroom door behind.

Beth entered after and started removing her clothes and grabbing her shorts and tank top.
She threw me a pair of wipes and shorts, I thanked her and took my clothes out of my black drawstring bag and changed quickly.

I removed my make up and tied my hair up, I looked at Beth to ask her something but all I could hear were light snores and her body splattered on the bed, like a starfish.

I sighed again and looked out of the window gazing at the stars and the dark night sky, I quietly wondered about the future, as curious as I was I suddenly felt a sense of fatigue. I turned around and pushed Beth to the side. She groaned and moved and I placed the covers on both of us before I fell into a deep sleep.

________

The blinding light in the morning had disturbed my sleep and a knocking on the window made me want to scream. I glanced up with one eye open and with bed ridden hair I saw a furry animal tapping on the glass. I groaned loudly to tap Beth but she wasn't there my hand touched the empty side and I sat up now rubbing my eyes.

Where the hell did she go and why is there some furry thing tapping the glass?

I stretched and after washing and brushing my teeth I grabbed my phone and looked at my messages.

Beth:
Emma! I'm out shopping for with my mum sorry! XOXO

Lazy ass:
You know I love you Emma help me with my homework and I'll pay you and buy you lunch and do anything you say for a day