A Soul Caliber/Vocaloid Crossover

Reina: I wrote this for a fic idea, but I don't know if I'll make it into a story....

A long time ago, a group of wise mages came together and created the Soul Orb, an object of immense power. It granted any wish to the purest of souls, but cursed those who had the darkest of hearts. The mages guarded the Soul Orb with their lives, and would let those who passed a series of rigorous tests come forth to use the Orb. The mages eventually passed away one by one, until the last one hid the Soul Orb in Orthrinesburg, setting up the tests to be activated whenever someone came forth.

Despite the mages' good intention of helping the pure of heart, scoundrels soon came forth and attempted to get the Soul Orb, with others attempting to stop them. Their skirmishes then led to a great and terrible war that was called the Soul War, as thousands of countless souls had been lost in order to grab the Soul Orb.

To end this pointless war, a seer took the orb and split it in half. One half was used to great the blade SoulCaliber, as it was pure and full of goodness. It would grant the user power and cleanse their soul of evil. The other orb half, however, was malicious and parasitic, and the seer attempted to destroy it with the newly formed SoulCaliber. Unfortunately, the seer ended up creating the blade SoulEdge, which would grant any person immense power at the cost of their soul. Devastated, the seer locked SoulEdge away and handed SoulCaliber to a mighty warrior, telling him that it was his duty to end this cursed war. The warrior took Soul Caliber and entered the Soul War, destroying all those who stood against him until every last scoundrel was dead.

Peace soon filled the region, as the warrior protected the land with Soul Caliber. When he died, his son inherited the blade and followed in his footsteps, ensuring that the land was filled with prosperity.

Sadly, all great eras must come to an end.

Rumors ran abound about the legendary Soul Caliber and Soul Edge, leading to treasure hunters, pirates, and bandits to scourge the land for it. The warrior's son went to intercept them, but one pirate got his hands on Soul Edge and slayed the young hero. Chaos erupted in the region as Soul Edge and Soul Caliber changed owners at a rapid rate for over a twenty years. This all came to an end when the Evil Seed was released three years ago, spreading evil throughout the region. Soul Edge and Soul Caliber soon faded away, becoming myths of the past.

However, these myths became stories when a new wielder for Soul Caliber emerged from the shadows. Their goal was unknown until the Nightmare appeared, wielding Soul Edge. These warriors are locked in a battle, and neither one can gain the upper hand. Their battle stretches across the world, catching unsuspecting counties by surprise. Many rulers wanted these cursed battle to end, so they demanded for anyone to come forth and end the battle between Soul Caliber and Soul Edge.

Now a new generation of heroes and villains have risen up to try and claim these swords for their own. Some want to save the world. Others want to destroy it. A few want it for reasons other than world domination. The rest don't truly understand why they want these coveted blades. Regardless, their destines are now intertwined with one another, and these entangled fates will not be broken apart until the winner of this new war has been decided.

The battles that lie ahead are not for the faint of heart. Death, destruction, and sadness plague these heroes, and every step they take leads to more devastation and chaos. Every turn they make may lead to betrayals and heartbreak. Even those who do not lose an ally are wrecked with sadness. Turn back now, ye of faint of heart.

Reina: I actually had part of the story planned out, and gave the Vocaloids "roles" as Soul Caliber characters. Or rather, said things like, "Kaito is Kilik, so he'll wield a bo staff." But I can't use the title....

..... Because it was called, "Entangled Fates."

Yep. I ended up using that title for a different fic. And different fandom.

Oops.....

And I had another Soul Caliber fic in mind, where an OC reset time, (despite Elysium/Soul Caliber and Inferno/Soul Edge's protests, as they're idiots) at the cost of being wiped from reality and dying, and Soul Caliber 4 was remade, to the point where Xianghua dumps Kilik and gets a better life, and Cassandra doesn't randomly disappear.

But I also named that fic.... Entangled Fates.

I really need to stop using that title.