four

After an hour of talking and getting to know each other, we decided it was time for a bit of fun. I was stood behind the bar, snacking out on the weirdest of food combinations, while my new friends were dancing around or hitting Darwin. Darwin's back was covered in dark rock, while Alex and Sean used hard, miscellaneous pieces of furniture to hit him. Angel was flying in the air doing spinning tricks, Hank was hanging from the roof by his large mutant feet, and Raven was jumping up and down on the couch, dancing to the music.

After taking a bite of Doritos and whipped cream, all in one bite, I look up to see Charles, Erik and a brunette woman standing in front of the smashed window looking furious. I drop the food in my hands and stand straight, wiping the remaining cream from my lips.

"What are you doing," the woman yells, her cheeks were red, fuming with anger. Though I could hardly hear her over the loud music, she seems to have caught the attention of everyone else. Hank, Angel and Raven jump down onto the ground and look around, lost for words. "Who destroyed the statue?", the woman asks, pointing towards the now halved statue that once stood proudly. I look over to Alex, who looked out of breath from clubbing Darwin on the back.

"It was Alex," Hank blurted out from in front of me, I covered my mouth to hide the smile on my face. Alex looked at him, opening up his arms as to say 'what the hell', and Raven corrected him, saying his name was Havok, not Alex.

"No, Havok. We have to call him Havok, that's his name now," she says, making her way to the front of the group. "And we were thinking," she points at Charles, "you should be Professor X," she then points to Erik, "and you should be Magneto."

The three adults stood there for a moment before Erik opened his mouth saying, "exceptional," before walking away. The women looked at us disappointedly, before following behind him, and so did 'Professor X', after telling Raven he expected better from her. We awkwardly stand there for a moment until I walk back over to the messy bar.

"We should clean everything up," I say to the group, before sorting through the food and throwing away the rubbish. They all look around before contributing to the cleaning, pushing furniture back to their designated spots and sweeping up the glass using the broom in the corner. The door opens   and the same brunette woman from earlier walks in and takes a long look around the room.

"Glad to see you're all doing something productive," she says, "Charles wants to let you know that our plane to Russia leaves in an hour. Get ready, we'll be back in ten minutes." The woman turns around and walks out of the room, before poking her head back in, saying, "and by the way, my name is Moira MacTaggert. Pleasure to meet you."

When she finally leaves, I remember what she says about a plane to Russia.

"Wait, we're going to Russia?" asks Sean, seemingly excited.

"Apparently so. You heard the woman, get your bags together and let's go." Darwin says, being the most mature one of the group. I stay in my spot, realising that I don't have any clothes besides the outfit I am wearing, which Charles had given me before we left the lab. Everyone else, having a few changes of clothes at the least, made their way to the back of the room and splitting up into twos, going into three different rooms out of the four doors there, which I assume are bedrooms. I walk over to the lounge area and plant myself on the same couch I was in before.

Darwin was the first one out, only carrying a backpack of clothes in hand. He makes his way to the lounge and sits beside me.

"Wow, you were fast. Don't you have any clothes?" He asks, eyebrows furrowed.

"Nope."

"Oh yeah, lab thing," He says just as Sean and Alex walk out of their room. They both take a seat across from Darwin and me, both carrying a suitcase each and Alex having an extra backpack which was now squeezed between him and the lounge back. Raven walks out of her room, but straight into the fourth door without saying a word. I raise an eyebrow when she walks out again towards me, carrying a pale pink suitcase.

"Charles told me a couple of people visited your house to tell your family you were safe and picked up a couple of changes of clothes," she places the case in my lap with a small smile.

"Oh wow, thank you," I say, smiling back at her. "Um, did he say anything else about my family? Were they worried at all?" Talking about my family, I start to reminisce about the good times we have had and miss them all the more.

"No, I'm sorry, he didn't," Raven smiles sympathetically, "although he did say the men who visited them thought they were very kind people. I'll ask him about it next time I see him."

"Thank you," I say and she walks back to her room as Hank walks out of his.

After everyone had finished gathering their belongings, Moira walks in and escorts us through the building and back out into the front garden that I had been in hours earlier.
We split into two groups and compile into two vans, one black and one silver. I share the black one with Charles, Moira, Raven and Alex, and we talk about the plan on the way to the airport. It wasn't a long drive; we had arrived there in under fifteen minutes. The airport was a public one, though we had a small private plane all to ourselves.

I sit beside Raven in the plane, and we start to become close friends. She tells me about how she met Charles one night in his kitchen, she had pretended to be his mother while stealing food, and he knew instantly it wasn't her, seeing as she had never used the kitchen in her life. He wasn't afraid and Raven was the first mutant he had ever known. They have been best friends ever since.

I tell her about when I was kidnapped, a touchy subject for me. I hadn't been out of the house in weeks, and when I asked my Mum, she had allowed me to go for a walk. When I had been walking for almost ten minutes, I noticed that two men were following behind me, and there was a car that had passed me almost six times. I knew something was up and so I did a circle around the block and tried to walk home as fast as I could. The next thing I know, I was waking up in a dark cell; they must have shot me with something that put me to sleep.

It went on like that for hours, us talking and people joining and leaving the conversation. When we had finally arrived, it was morning, and we had gotten no sleep apart from Sean, who had gotten one hour at the most. The plane had landed and we were told not to move, and to stay in our seats until Erik, Charles and Moira, who were standing outside the window talking, get back. We were there for about five minutes when they entered the plane once more. We all stand up.

"We've come to a decision that you people aren't ready to fight just yet. Wait in the plane until Erik, Moira and myself get back, this will give you a chance to catch up on some much-needed sleep." Charles says, turning around to walk away.

"Wha- Moira? You're taking Moira and not us. She's not a mutant, what can she do that we can't?" Angel argued against the idea. They had no right to leave us behind, but I knew they had the best intentions. I put my hand on Angel's arm and give her a look as to say 'it's okay,' and she rolled her eyes before stomping to the back of the plane angrily.

Charles turned around and looked at us all. "We'll be back soon," he says, before leaving with Erik and Moira. I sit back down in my seat and lean my head against the window, shutting my eyes and falling asleep quickly.

•••

thank you so much for reading this chapter! you might notice there are some very minor details that I have changed within the movie. for example, I know that there weren't four doors leading to the bedrooms in that room they were in at the start, i just wanted to make it easier to understand. i also know they didn't end up going to russia, it was just charles, erik, moira and that other guy, i was just half way through writing this chapter when i realised and i had already added in the part about amelia's kidnapping so i didn't want to change it.

anyway, thanks again for reading, i'm trying to slowly make the chapters a little longer and more detailed for everyones sake so i hope you will look forward to that. please vote, comment and follow me, it makes me so happy knowing that everyone enjoys reading this just as much as i enjoy writing it. the more support, the quicker i publish more chapters!

i think i'll need a few votes and comments before i post next chapter. maybe four or five of each? i know it might be a lot to ask, but it's only to see that people are actually enjoying this and i shouldn't give up. thanks!

love you xoxo

- a