five

After Charles, Erik and Moira finally returned with Emma Frost, the right-hand lady of Shaw, the man they were aiming to capture, we went on our way straight back to America. I slept the whole there. When we finally arrived, we were sent straight back to our living area and were not allowed out until we had the okay from Charles. I was stood behind the bar once again, gaining back the weight I had lost in those eleven weeks when I had eaten only bread and water three times a day, whilst the rest of the group were lounging around, besides Alex and Darwin, who were playing pinball in the back corner.

"Oh I didn't know the circus was in town," said a voice outside the now repaired window, catching my attention. "Hey, c'mon honey, give us a little uh," one of the two men outside looked at Angel, flapping his arms as if he had wings, making a whistle noise for sound effects. Angel looked at him angrily. "C'mon let's see the foot. C'mon big foot, let's go." he then says to Hank. I rolled my eyes and brushed the crumbs off of my hands, making my way toward the window and closing the curtains, after flipping the middle finger at him.

"Hey, c'mon, hey," he argued, a guilty look on his face. I mumbled a few profundities under my breath before turning to Angel and Hank.

"They're just guys being stupid," I say, trying to make them feel better. Angel looks at me.

"Guys being stupid I can handle, okay, I've handled that my whole life," she says sadly, "but I'd rather a bunch of guys stare at me with my clothes off than the way these guys stare at me." I nod at her sympathetically, not knowing what else to do, and sit beside her and Raven.

"At us," Raven says, surprising me. I look at her and nod once more.

"At us," I confirm. Angel looks away and we hear a noise from outside that catches our attention. It was a banging noise, almost as if something was coming in contact with something, and it went on like that a couple more times.

"What was that?" Darwin asks, "I don't know, something doesn't feel right." We all stand up and he and Alex step away from the pinball machine, walking towards us. Darwin flips the switch that opens the curtains, and we look around outside, not finding anything out of the ordinary. We keep looking around for a moment until something high up into the air catches our eye.

"What is that?" I mumble quietly under my breath, sure that nobody heard. The silhouette in the sky suddenly splits into two, and one of the two starts falling, fast and screaming loudly. It lands in front of us and I realise what it is. A body. I unintentionally scream loudly and raise my hands to my mouth, walking backwards and hitting someone hard in the chest. I turn around and see that it was Alex, and I start mumbling incoherent words to him. He pulls me backwards as everyone starts backing away from the window, more and more bodies falling fast from the sky. 

A man walks out with a gun into the courtyard, followed by more people banging on our window telling us to get back and not to leave the room. We follow his orders without question, and a red man appears in the middle of the yard. We start pointing at the strange man, signalling to the guards that he was there. They start shooting at him as he disappears, and we crouch behind the lounges in order to hide.

The red mutant starts killing off the guards one by one, even grabbing one's gun and shooting everyone with it, hitting the glass window and shattering it once more. Behind us in the opposite glass window, a large tornado looking things whirls around, tearing cerebro, the device used to find mutants, to pieces. I see Darwin look at the door from beside me.

"Stay here my ass. Let's go!" He shouts, directing us towards the door. I hesitantly follow him. He starts running through the corridor and we bump into a group of guards with guns, telling us to get back into the room. We shout at them in protest, telling them we could help but they attempted to push us back anyway. We hear a loud explosion and the hallway around the corner burst into flames, and we run straight back into the room without looking back.