six

The next day, we are sat outside the building, after a group of government men had found us. A black car pulls up in front of us and Charles and Erik step out.

"Raven," Charles calls out, jogging over to us before giving Raven a tight hug, Erik following slowly behind. When they pull apart, Charles looks at us all. "We've made arrangements for you to be taken home immediately," he says, my eyes light up at the word 'home' until I remember the situation.

"We're not going home," I blurt out, almost rudely.

"What?" Charles asks taken by surprise.

"He's not going back to prison," Sean then says, looking at Alex, who had been in prison for the past few years before now.

"He killed Darwin," Alex tells Charles, not daring to say Shaw's name.

"All the more reason for you to leave. This is over."

"Darwin's dead, Charles. And we can't even bury him," Raven states, sadness written all over her face. She's right, we can't bury him. Darwin was one of the nicest guys I have ever met and the fact that he died for us makes it harder to deal with. I sure hope Angel is feeling terrible after what she did. We all look down to the ground, grieving our late friend.

"We can avenge him," a voice says to my right. I look up and see Erik, a face I wasn't expecting to hear these words come from. Charles looks at him before asking to speak in private. They take a few steps to the right until we can't hear them, and start discussing whatever it is they need to discuss. We look over to them curiously, before Alex speaks.

"I thought you wanted to go home," he says to me, leaning back into the concrete wall we were sitting up against.

"Yeah, I thought so too until . . . until what Shaw said, to be honest. He's right, there is a revolution coming but it isn't what he thinks. He's not the one revolting, we are; against him. We have a chance to prove ourselves to mankind, and show them that we aren't all bad, and if exposing ourselves is the only way for it to happen then I'm fine with that. It's now or never." I breath out, and Alex nods in understanding.

"I one hundred percent agree. Shaw needs to be stopped an-" he was cut off by Charles, speaking to the group.

"We'll have to train. All of us. Yes?" He says, seriously.

"Yeah," Alex speaks for us all, we nod along.

"Well, we can't stay here. Even if they reopen the department, it's not safe. We've got nowhere to go." Hank then says, unfortunately right, or so I thought.

"Yes, we do."

After gathering our belongings and hours of driving, we reach our final destination: 1407 Graymalkin Lane, Salem Centre, Westchester County, New York; though others would call it 'Charles' house'. It was a big house, probably the biggest I have ever seen, and there were tall fences surrounding it. When we entered the gates, I notice a big pool at the left side of the house, along with lots and lots of grass surrounding it.

When the car reaches the front of the house, Charles turns off the engine of the car and we all step out, staring at the massive mansion.

"This is yours?" Sean asks, squinting his eyes to hide them from the sun. My mouth is gaped open at the thought of living here for the next few weeks.

"No, it's ours," Charles looks at him and we all smile.

"Honestly, Charles. I don't know how you survived, living in such hardship," Erik says sarcastically, causing me to snort quietly. I feel Raven step forward from beside me, and she pushes her way forward to stand beside the two men.