#LitCrusaders Reading Lists

Hello, there!

At the moment, I may or may not be lounging in pajamas, marathoning The Closer, and raising my sodium intake to dangerously high levels through a jumbo bag of pretzels.

But alas, there is business to be conducted. With Lit. Crusaders, reading lists are very, very important. They determine your "genre"'of sorts for the campaign.

So y'all (sorry, L, I know you're cringing) get ready to learn! Here it comes.

First thing's first - what each list title actually stands for:

Salad Days (#saladdays): for novels with teenage or young adult main characters who aren't white good-girl females drooling over white bad-boy males.

Antiquity (#antiquity): for historical fiction novels (or simply non-contemporary books that use earlier time periods as a setting) talk about unknown events or simply pull a twist on the genre.

Visceral (#visceral): for those stories that make you feel a thousand different feelings and live a thousand lives (and deaths, for those who read TC by cleverwren) before its end.

Landmarks (#landmarks): for novels that are the cream of the crop, such as those who have received a spotlight review.

Incongruous (#incongruous): for the works that are edgy and different and not afraid to talk about the tough subjects. For all intents and purposes, think about The Congregation of Choke Berry Street.

Boheme (#boheme): for novels that shatter any sort of stereotype or cliche in the book. These stories are Brie Larson in a sea of Kate Hudsons. Such works would be the likes of The Summer of Striped Tees.

Anomalous (#anomalous): think "Boheme" but more so. These books completely throw you through another dimension. The books that are like the first time you see Star Wars or read 1984.

Melancholia (#melancholia): for novels that deal with depression and/or mental illness.

Fictitious (#fictitious): for books that break the bounds of fiction. Many good examples can be found in the Fantasy genre.

Lucid (#lucid): for stories that shatter any previous expectations for the non-fiction genre.

Eloquent (#eloquent): for works of poetry that pull readers into a world of poems that hasn't been seen before. cleverwren's Jefferson Drive is a good example for this one.

Ardor (#ardor): for stories that unlock the bounds that romance is so frequently restrained to, breaking cliches any way they can.

The hashtags associated with each category will be added to your book along with the #LitCrusaders tag so that we know where to put your works for reading lists or for contests. You are allowed to use more than one tag.

Reading lists exist to keep everything organized, so it is very important that you have both tags on your books.

The idea behind each genre name is flexible to your works. If you think you belong in #fictitious, then that is where you should be. The only tag you cannot add without an admin's permission is the #landmarks, which will be specific to contest winners, amazing books we read for reviews, and incredible books we stumble across in reading lists.

Thank you. Please let us know if you have any questions.