Meet the Admins

Pretty self-explanatory, I mean, come on. All of you can read, so there's no need in explaining this. As follows will be our personal introductions, our accomplishments that make us qualified to run an account for undiscovered writers, and just some things you need to know about us.

*Warning: We are going to self-advertise! If you're interested, go read our works, but this is just to give you all a thorough introduction to us.*

cleverwren:

You guys remember how I said that no prejudice towards anyone, especially the LGBTQIA+ community, would be allowed? Well, that would be on the account that I have many friends who identify with those labels, and I do, as well. I am a non-binary individual (meaning I don't identify as either male or female), who is also asexual (but that doesn't mean I don't have romantic feelings for people). So yeah. Don't be a terdface, understood? (For future reference, when referring to me, please use the gender-neutral pronouns, "they/them/their".)

Onto the next lovely topic!

I am one of two residential fanpeople on this account. The other one is the Other L, but I think I've got her beat. Or maybe I'm just the nerdier of us. My proof? Last night I bought a planetarium projector with a metric butt ton of settings, along with four books. All I can say is that Target gift cards are a gift from the deity above all existence. That being said, if you like anything I like and make that evident through comments or any means of communication with me, I will go berserk and make you my new best friend (that's a hyperbole, people).

This probably speaks for itself, but I LOVE to write. I can rarely keep my mind on one idea, and I also write in a somewhat wide variety of genres and themes. I mean, there's the teen humor novel that deals with depression, relationships (not just romantic), and the discovering-of-self that so many teens have trouble with (highest ranking: #352 in Humor):

 I mean, there's the teen humor novel that deals with depression, relationships (not just romantic), and the discovering-of-self that so many teens have trouble with (highest ranking: #352 in Humor):

...and then the "short story" (not so much) that focuses on tragedy, non-biological familial love, coping, making amends, and creating the life one wants to lead (highest ranking: #801):

and then we can't forget the story in poetry of growing up on one's own, dealing with one's own race and the slurs that come with it, and finding love through seasons of derogatory catcalls (highest ranking: #552):

...and then we can't forget the story in poetry of growing up on one's own, dealing with one's own race and the slurs that come with it, and finding love through seasons of derogatory catcalls (highest ranking: #552):

and then we can't forget the story in poetry of growing up on one's own, dealing with one's own race and the slurs that come with it, and finding love through seasons of derogatory catcalls (highest ranking: #552):

And there's always a million ideas in my head. There's a story I'm writing that has a crappy cover as of yet, based on a mute girl whose world changes drastically upon a single soul running into her and her life, and a work in progress that I won't tell you all about yet. I just have a passion for it, and writing has a passion of filling my mind with tons of unborn ideas.

I somehow have the capacity to excel in all of my classes, particularly mathematics. Because of my aptitude in science and math academics, and my geekiness when affronted with space-y things, my "realistic" career

And, in closing, I am one half of the Sassmeisters, an investor in an interplanetary bison company, have crossed the Forty Days river, and...I'm not even going to try. My inside jokes are much too far-fetched for you people. XD

On to the Other L!

tranquilstars:

Hey, all.

I am one half of the admin crew, and by far and wide the more awkward of the two of us. So bear with me on this one, guys!

I have always possessed a strong drive to make a difference in the world, to help people. For a long time, I thought my future was with the Peace Corps, something I still hope to do at the right stage in my life. Organizations such as Girls not Brides are where my heart lies, and it is essential for me to make an impact any way I can.

I'll have to admit that L is the nerdier one, but I most definitely win in the competition of They-Who-Loves-Sheeran. Seriously. Love me some Ed Sheeran. But I am also a total history buff...though L has me beat with Hamilton. Honestly, after Ed, I can't even try.

My academia passions include: creativity, education, film, sociology, gender identity (aren't L and I a pair?), and poetry. I love to talk with people about any of those things.

My favorite movies include: Short Term Twelve, The Imitation Game, The Dead Poet's Society, Room, The Blind Side, and The Theory of Everything. I never stood a chance at writing happy go-lucky, huh?

Free afternoons are spent volunteering with the tech crew at my town's local theatre, watching Ted Talks, attempting to keep my Chuck Taylor's from getting muddy, and pondering how further into the world of Hipsterdom I can actually delve.

Moving on to the more serious chizz:

I am an impulsive writer. I cannot plan what I write, or else it simply becomes lifeless. Writing, I think, has to have life. It has to have passion.

Because of my flare for the dramatics and hope to make a difference, my works are quite heavy. Sometimes, though, people need that. People need to see the night before the dawn.

My debut work (I like the sound of that), The Congregation of Choke Berry Street, is the story of three young women who were kidnapped by the same man. When one of them becomes pregnant by their captor, it changes the world of everyone in the house. It's highest peak was at #47 in Mystery/Thriller, and generally sits comfortably at around #67. It was life-changing to write, and I will probably never be able to learn so much about myself in the process of writing a book ever again.

Then I've got How To Play With Matches, my ongoing story about a young woman who moves to New York to become a librarian and escape her demons. Matches usually makes itself at home within the #680 range of General Fiction. It's a joy to write, and is quite different from anything I have ever written before.

Finally, I have my collection of vignettes: The Olive One With the Lemons. This work is unofficially on hold, as the Writer's Block From Hades has me in a death grip. However, it is still being written and therefore something to be checked out if you want. It's about a young girl living in a worse-for-wear neighborhood who befriends her reclusive neighbor with Tourette's Syndrome.

No, I can't create a book with a short title.

Yes, I can probably tell you the meaning of your name.

And finally, I am obsessed with the 1996 film version of The Crucible...Or perhaps it is simply the 1996 version of Daniel Day Lewis?