Chapter 1

Hello! Welcome to my story! I know you would like to just skip this right now so I'll make it short. Ok  I just want to say this story will be in both past and present tense because it's hard keep up when I'm so lost in the storyline. So pls no hate comments saying my writing is bad, because I know how to do it, I just sometimes get bored of one tense and start writing in another. Hope you enjoy!

Bella's POV
A lot of the time my mother would tell me how much she didn't want me to ever grow up. I always thought she was being stupid. But right now, I stared at my beautiful 17-year-old daughter and remembered that she would be fully grown soon. It made my eyes sting to think about it, although I knew it wasn't possible for me to cry. She was getting ready for her date with Jacob, her wolfy imprinted boyfriend, and my best friend. I remembered the times when me and Jacob were almost a thing, and almost threw up. Imagining that possibility now made me sick. No offence to Jacob, though.

"Mom, how do I look?" Renesmé asked, turning to me.

Her cheeks were pink and her gorgeous honey-coloured hair was curled. She was wearing red eyeshadow and faint pink lipstick.

"Terrible" I said, and kissed her forehead.

She laughed.

"Mom, you need to let me grow up at some point" she moaned.

I sighed.

"Never".

Edward creeped up behind me.

"Are you okay, Bella?" He asked, softly.

I nodded sadly as I watched Renesmé walk out of the front door, her purple high heels clacking. Edward put his arms around me.

"They grow up so fast, don't they?" He said.

I nodded.

"I wish I could freeze time" I said.

Edward squeezed me softly.

"Me too, me too" He murmured.

He kissed my cheek.

"Too bad we can't have another" I muttered, truthfully.

When Rosalie had explained to me that if I chose to be a vampire with Edward, I would never have the chance to live my life again. I had though I understood her, and I didn't care- but I was wrong. I wished more then anything that I could just have another child. An EJ this time, or another baby girl. I sighed. I loved nothing more than being a strong, invincible vampire, running like lightning and climbing like a monkey. But I had to face the downs. No more children. No more eating. No more friends. No more biological family. I hugged Edward. After all, I had chosen him over all of this.

"I wish we could be human again, just for a few months" I murmured.

He sighed.

"I told you-" he began.

"I know, I know!" I cut him off.

He took his arms off me. I suddenly realised the burn in my throat. I sighed. Another down side of being a vampire- every second of every day, I had a slight burn in my throat. The feeling of thirst. Thirst for blood.

"Edward" I moaned.

I removed my shield so that Edward could read my mind, and he sighed too. I had got really good at removing my shield recently. I could do it with ought any hassle whatsoever. I could also stretch it up to unbelievable distances. My World Record is almost a kilometre!

"Shall we go hunt?" Edward asked, finally.

I pulled my shield back to me.

"Yeah".