Chapter 16 (SHORT)

A MONTH LATER

It's been a month since Bella left, and Rise has grown. Not just a little, but a lot. She's practically an 11-year-old, and she's gone from dangerous to murderous in only a few weeks. She's ravenous. She barely ever speaks, but rushes around the house, frantic for blood. If she gets her hands on it, she drains the bag. Carlisle can no longer work at home due to her, so he's out most of the time. The house is under security all the time, and none of use can leave. It's too dangerous. If Rise can even get outside for a second, she'll go wild. We feed her on human food, but she never eats it. She's slim and her amazing hair she wears in a side braid. She never lets any of us near her except Nessie, and it's turned out world upsidown. I walk downstairs, where she's standing in a black t shirt and black leggings.

"Rise" I say. "You hungry?"

She looks at me, her purple eyes flaming. They pulse, and a get a hot wave of searing pain over me. She's been strengthening her powers, and she can almost do anything.

"Think about what your saying, Edward" she says lowly, and stalks off.

I groan as the pain dulls.

"I was going to cook hotdogs" I mutter under my breath, flexing my back.

I do so much for that girl! I cook for her (even though she can't be bothered to talk to me), I clean her new stylish dark purple and black clothes (even though I have no idea how to wash), I buy her her stupid hair clips and whatnot she uses (even though she'd rather die than say thank you) and I was the one to get out the sledgehammer to expand her room to the size of a darn hall! And not to mention, painted the walls pitch black as well as the black marble floor and ar texted black ceiling. It doesn't even have furniture, and it's so huge you can't even see the back of it. I sigh and walk over to Alice.

"What do I get in return?" I sigh, exhausted.

She looks at me, her growing hair bouncing slightly.

"Edward, I-" She begins.

"Nothing" I interrupt. "You can't do anything about how Rise treats me, so don't bother saying anything"

She shakes her head, annoyed.

"Actually" she says, slowly. "I was going to say I had a vision a minute ago"

I sit myself up and look at her, eagerly.

"What is it?"

She shakes her head.

"Rise" She says, painfully. "It-it's getting worse"

I gape at her, shocked

"You saw her in your vision!?"
"Yes" She says. "I don't know how, but her shield is... weakening"

I stop for a minute to process, and the  urge her on.

She..." She begins, taking a break to swallow in despair. "She killed a man"

I'm shocked. My arms begin to shake, and a shiver passes through me. I never really knew how we'd control her in the never ending circle of evil, but I never expected the pure horrific news this soon!

"Wh- who!?" I stammer, still trembling in anger.

Alice swallows in her anger and sadness, starting to shiver with me.

"I don't know" She stammers. "It was- too blurred"

100 things rush through my mind at once. Is it somebody we know? Is it somebody we've met? Is it one of my old friends? Michael? Tom?

"Anything else?" I ask, desperate.

"He- he was tall" Alice says.

It suddenly hits me. Tall. Somehow with Rise. The man Rise is going to kill is me.