Chapter 4

Edward's POV

"Edward" Bella greeted as I walked in.

Everything was quiet. Motionless, for once. I looked at Carlisle.

"Carlisle?".

I read his mind.

'The baby is too big. She already has a month old infant inside of her'.

"What can we do?" I murmured.

'I'm thinking. We can't perform a C-section, as her skin has suddenly become as immortal as ours, she can't give birth naturally, as the baby is too big'.

I began to get stressed. Very stressed and worried and angry. Carlisle saw me and knew I would get out of control.
"Edward. Calm down. Go get Jacob" he said out loud.

I hesitantly nodded, and then flew out of the window. It only took a few minutes to get to Jacob. He was outside his house, shirt off as always.

"Jacob" I greeted, striding towards him with a serious look on my face.

"'Sup, bloodsucker?" He greeted, and I rolled my eyes.

"Nessie is in labour" I stated.

His face changed suddenly from cheerful to shocked.

"But- but-" he began.

"I'm not mad at you, Jacob, just come on" I said, and sped off again with him.

He slipped into wolf style, and we ran. It didn't take and longer with Jacob- we were there in only a matter of minutes. Jacob blounded through the window, as did I a second later. When I was through, I realised that everyone was still in the same positions. Jacob leaned over the bed.

"Nessie" He said, worridly.

She smiled weakly.

"Jake".

He kissed her.

"I can't believe it" He sighed. "I thought it was impossible. Ever since I'd met you, I'd known I'd never had children. Well, assumed"

He smiled. Nessie put her hand on his cheek.

"Jacob Black, I am so in love with you" She laughed.

"Ditto" He said quietly.

Cheesy. Too cheesy. Bella looked and me and silently laughed. She knew me. I raised my eyebrows at her and smiled. She shook her head and laughed quietly out loud. Nobody realised. She removed her shield.

'Edward, they're in love. Deal with it'

She smiled. I sighed.

'I find it cute' she added.

I rolled my eyes. Jacob turned towards Carlisle.

"Doctor one, how long until the baby arrives?" He asked.

Carlisle looked at me, and I gave him an understanding look. He turned back to Jacob.

"Jacob, there are...complications" He stated.

Jacob looked worried.

"What complications?" He spat.

"The baby is too big. And Nessie's stomach skin has transformed into rock. Like our species. Vampire or Wolf".

Jacobs expression flashed angry.

'Its their fault. They made her this way. They could have helped this'

I stared at him.

'Yes, I know you can hear me, bloodsucker.'

"Jacob, it's nobody's fault" I stated quietly.