We're Doing It

I'm re-writing Meherbaan.

Yes, that is happening.

Basically, because, I am under so much stress and pressure right now that it's surreal and we all need a dose of happy in our life. And this does that for me.

And anyone who follows Ghosts of Us know that it tends to be dark in nature and I've mostly messed it up. And the updates are slow to the point that I, myself, have forgotten the plot.

Meherbaan will begin updates after I have a bank of at least 15-20 banked chapters (albeit, unedited). Though it will follow the crux of a couple disillusioned by love and them finding hope in a child - the back-stories will be different.

I hope to make it as light-hearted as it once was. If you are up for that kind of a drill - please add Bartered Souls to your reading list.

//

Dedicated to: Jyoti Subramaniyam and Dhara Shah.

Kian Singh Sehgal had it all once - a fiancé he loved, their child created out of love and an elder sister who doted upon him. When a calculated accident claims the lives of his loved ones; Kian reaches the heights of preserving what's left of his family - his sister's unborn fetus. All he needed to drive his crazy conspiracy into action was a surrogate womb.

Safiya Sen had been at the right place at the wrong time - running from a fiance who tormented her, a life meant to ruin her and a family she had been abandoned by - Kian's craze had been a perfect escape meant to architect a safe-house for her in return for her loyalty in this lifetime.

Theirs had been a perfect story; a broken-hearted man meets a lone girl at a wedding and they fall in love. Unable to conceive a child, they opt for alternate methods.

Only it hadn't; Kian and Safiya had their gaze solely on their daughter while Kiya remained to be the doting child every parent wished for. Together at all times but apart from each other at all means; Kian and Safiya wish for means to ignite the passion that constantly sparks between them. Yet, taunted by their past and failure they find themselves unable to visit the part of themselves that loves the other.

Bound in a contractual marriage and by the mutual love they share for their daughter Bartered Souls narrates the story of Kian and Safiya as they embark on a journey towards each other.