Chapter 1

I married the the most beautiful, kindhearted, most genuine woman in this whole world. I couldn't be happier where life has Caroline and I right now. We've been married for about four months at this point. It's March 31st, 6 days before I play at the grand ol Opry theatre.

Nothing has changed since the wedding. Just the fact that Caroline and I are married. The love level rose more and it just keeps rising in the house. I still go to work late and come home as early as I can just to see her. But working on a farm, my daddy's farm, its hard because you have different hours every single day. Caroline and I decided to save our honeymoon for our one year anniversary. We would be gone for like two weeks together just the two of us having a break from life. Caroline is almost done with online college so she will soon be getting her teaching license along with a business degree, I know it's kinda goofy. Carter and I have hosted a couple shows in some local bars but nothing too exciting. We are just really excited for the gran ol Opry, hoping that it'll be a step in a direction to the beginning of something special.

"Luke! Come here!" Caroline yelled. She was in the kitchen and I was downstairs in the den strumming my guitar practicing some music for the Opry. What now? I thought rolling my eyes then ran up to the middle level floor.

"What's up?" I asked waking into Caroline making banana bread with walnuts in it.

"Can you please vacuum the living room?" She asked.

"Yup." I muttered and grabbed the vacuum. I didn't get why we always had to clean the house? It was clean? Plus it's just some friends coming over. It's going to get messy tonight anyway.

Finally, I finished then I went back down to the den and grabbed my guitar. I went into my music room shut the door and locked it. I wasn't leaving until I played this song on guitar perfectly. It was one I really liked, the one I sang at our wedding reception, My first love song.

There was a knock on the door "Luke?" It was Caroline.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"People are goin go be showin up shortly. Wanna start the grill?"

"Shit. What time is it?" I asked.

"5:30." She said.

I have been playing for quite a while. But I think I improved the song. I smiled to myself.

"What are you smiling about?" Caroline asked.

"You being everything I want." I said. I wrapped her in a hug. "Just the thought of you being my wife."

"Love you Luther." She said then kissed me.

I went upstairs and turned the grill on. I got some brats and hamburgers ready to put out on the grill and then people started coming. We were just having alittle get together with all of our friends. Brooke and Carter showed up. Brooke was getting bigger from her baby bump, and Carter and her just were so happy.

"Hey y'all." I said smiling hugging everyone that came. I walked out to start cooking and Carter came with.

"Luke can I talk to you about something?" He asked.

"Oh course Carter. What's up?"

"I am scared to become a father." He said looking at me. "I don't have a stable job, a home, nothing."