Chapter 4

"Mornin'" i said to An A&R of Capitol Records. I stuck out my hand for him to shake it.

"Mornin Luke." He said. He asked my how my week was here in Nashville and if I enjoyed it. "Could you see yourself living here?" He asked.

"100%. I miss living up here but I will never regret moving back to Georgia." I said truthfully.

We talked a while longer then he pulled out my Ill Stay Me CD. "This turned out excellent." He said holding it up. "What about making a new one?" He asked.

"I have quite a few songs written actually. My wife helps me and a couple of my buddy's have gotten together with me to write." I said. "I'd love to make a new album."

"If Capitol records signed you what would go through your mind?"

"Obviously the fact of moving back up here, what my wife and family would think, but I'd be excited to work with you guys. I've always kinda wanted you guys to sign for me when I was younger and when I decided to end my career I was scared of loosing everything I had." I said shyly.

"You're too good to not have work out into you. You're vocals, your guitar and piano ability, and Capitol wants you to come back. You've released an album and we want you to get another out this October."

"Is that even possible?" I asked.

"You said you had some music written. And we can't deny it. We think it's 100% a possibility you're a great writer. It depends how much work you put in along with some of our studio writers. We can get the ones recorded."

"That sounds perfect." I said.

"Then it's settled. Luke welcome to Capitol Records." He stuck out his hand.

"Oh my Gosh. No way." I said. I was crazed it was unbelievable. 6 months I'll be releasing my second album. Capitol Records is signing for me.

"So we need to talk about the whole living in Georgia scenario." The Representative brought up.

"My wife and I discussed it. And we are in it 100% meaning we have been set on moving up here if I got a record label." I said.

"So how bout me make a deal we will give you about two weeks to move up here and settle in and then we will begin working." He said.

"That sounds good." I said.

"Would you email Jeff Stevens. He will be you're writer and producer your music. He can touch things up and then we can begin working with that." He said.

"Yes of course." I said smiling.

We filled out the papers and got all signed over and everything figured out. It took a good hot or so.

"Well everything sounds good so here's the contact information." He said handing me a card. "And I believe we have gotten yours."

"Yeah I gave it to you." I clarified.

"Alright well I'll see you in a couple weeks."

"Thank you so much." I said.

I left so giddy and happy. I WAS SIGNED TO CAPITOL RECORDS IN NASHVILLE TENNESSEE!

I got into my truck and immediately called Caroline. "Baby, I did it! We did it! I'm signed." I said.

"I'm so proud of you Luke." She said excitedly.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you."

We talked on the phone for a bit until I got to the hotel. I called mamma and talked to her and daddy on the phone. They were so proud. I called Kelly and she was so happy.

We packed up our stuff in the hotel and then headed home. Caroline was sound asleep for a good two hours and then she finally woke up.

"Goodmorning Sunshine." I smiled reaching over for her hand.

"Hi." She said she wasn't a morning person. When we just wakes up she doesn't put up with a lot. It always made me laugh. Once she woke up we stopped and got lunch at a DQ. It was decent and then we were back on the road.

"You said you had two weeks to get moved up there?" Caroline said.

"Yeah. I figured we could find a small house for now. And then eventually buy soemthing in the country that's bigger and what we want." I said.

"I would love that." She said.

"It's going be be so hard to leave the farm. Especially the horses." I shook my head. "I feel horrible for leaving but I need to get my life straightened out." I told Caroline.

"Don't feel bad your almost 28 Luke. You have to move on. This is what your destined to do." She smiled.

"You're right."

We made small talk the rest of he way home occasionally a good song would come on the radio so Caroline would turn it up and we'd sing to it. She'd roll the window down and her hair would blow in the wind as she sang the words. We'd laugh and then the song would be over and she'd roll up the window and turn down the radio and then we'd talk some more.

We pulled into our home and unpacked the truck bringing our bags into our house that we haven't seen in 6 days. "Finally home." I said. "I missed it."

"Me too." Caroline said walking down the stairs to the living room.

I was sitting in the recliner getting ready to turn the tv on. "Let's go out and stargaze tonight." I said sitting up.

"That sounds like so much fun." Caroline said.

I loved doing simple things. I enjoyed the little things in life. The way wood burned at a fire, or how the stars shine in the night sky, or how a doe and two fawns play and graze in the field. I loved it. Hunting or fishing or hiking they were all things I enjoyed. And when you have a companion it makes things much more fun.

________________________________
They are just so cute.
I don't really have anything to say or ask! Just what do you think about the record deal?

Keep commenting and voting because I love seeing what you have to say! Love y'all