Chapter 5

"I'll name that one... And than one... Oooo and that one Caroline." I said pointing at each star and we lay in my truck bed looking into the sky.

"That one is Luke." She said pointing at one.

We lay in silence alittle while and then "Carol did you see that shooting star?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes I did! Now make a wish!" She smiled.

'I wish upon a shooting star that the dreams I have make it far. The ones with my wife and the separate ones of my job.' I wished.

"Ya know what I always wondered?" I asked her.

"What's that Darlin?"

"Which star up there is Chris's?" I said searching for his.

"Wondering really gets to you when there's no answer." She said. "Maybe it was the shooting star?"

"Maybe it was." I said then began silence for quite a while. It wasn't awkward. It gave us both the chance to look in the sky and look at the stars.

It was getting late so we went Mack to our small cabin type house. The ones we'd be leaving but still be able to come visit every now and then.

"Mornin daddy." I said.

"Morning. So what did you need to talk about."

"I got a record deal and have to move to Tennessee with in the next two weeks." I said.

"I'm so proud of you." He said which shocked me. I thought he was going to say the opposite.

"Thanks Pa." I said. "The horses, can you keep them until we figure out where we are going to live?" I asked.

"Yes of course."

We talked for a while longer and then I headed out to work cause right now until this next weekend this was my job. It was time for planting and fertilizing fields.

I rolled into the yard to get some lunch and I saw Caroline out on the porch holding a class of sweet ice tea. I climbed down the tractor and walked up to her. "Thanks baby." I said kissing her. I had my hat on backwards, I was sweaty, and dirty.

"How's the fields?" She asked.

"Good. I'm expecting them to grow good this year. Daddy's going to be busy." I winked. Mamma came out with some sandwhichs. Egg salad. One of my favorites. "Thank you mama." I said Grabbing two and eating. I was really hungry. She just smiled.

"So when are you guys going to look at houses?" Mama asked.

"Probably next week. We will go up Sunday and stay up there until we find a house then come back and move our stuff." I said.

"Have you started boxing things up?"

"Yeah bits and pieces." Caroline answered because I was chewing. We talked for a while longer and then Caroline said she was leaving to pack some more stuff up.

Once I finished I headed back out to the field to continue working. I was gocking as I plowed this field and then I heard a loud Thump!

"Shit." I said putting the tractor in park and getting out to see what I hit. I looked and saw. Huge rock. I some what broke the plow. I bent it and a piece busted off. "Hello?" I called my daddy.

"Hey what's up?"

"I hit a huge rock in the field I'll be in in a minute to fix it." I said.

"Sounds good." Daddy replied and then I hung up.

I drove the tractor back and parked it by the shed where the tools were at. I got down underneath of it and fixed it up. "You didn't see the rock?"

"No I..." Then I realized who it was. "Kaitlin. What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to come visit." She said smiling.

Kaitlin was a good family friend of ours. We grew up together. She went to college in Montana for some horse medicine stuff and I haven't seen her since she left. She was my first kiss well after Caroline. "Well hi." I said standing up wiping the dirt off of me and reaching in for a hug.

"It's been so long." She said.

"Yeah it has. Everytime you're home I'm away. Are you done with school for good now?" I asked sweating the ratchet down on the plow.

"Yeah. I just got a job." She said matter of factly.

"Oh really where?"

"I'll be working on a clinic for equine in north Texas until my friend and I open up a horse stable/ clinic in Oklahoma."

"That's so cool." I said.

"Yeah. How about you. I see you're still working on the farm."

"You say that like its a bad thing."

"I didn't mean it like that."

"Well I went on a started my dream but so much went on I came home. But I'm moving to Nashville in about 10 days." I said.

"You're going to be famous!" She joked.

"I don't care about that. I just love music and people!" I said.

"I'm proud of you. And respect that you never gave up on it."

"Thanks." I said. "I gotta fix this a go back out and finish that field would you want to have dinner tonight to catch up?"

"Sure! Where at?"

"Well we can go out." I said.

"Like go to Granny's Grill." She said.

"Yes! Daisy still works there!" I said and we laughed. Daisy was "granny's daughter" granny owned the local restaurant.

I finished up fixing and then went out to the field to finish that. Then I headed home.

_______________________________
How do y'all feel about this girl Kaitlin?
How does Luke feel?
I'm so excited for Luke and Caroline to move to Nashville! How about y'all?

Sorry it's been so long! I'm gonna try to up date at lest two times a week maybe three? Love y'all!