(2)

A knock on the door woke me up out my daydream. I clutched my bag of things that I had packed and made my way over to the door.
"Is it you JJ?" I whispered.
"Yeah it's me" he confirmed.
"I havnt got any keys, I'm locked in here" I told him, biting my nails. He sighed.
"Okay stand back" he said. Just as I took a couple of steps backwards he came pounding through the door, shoulders first.
"Shit wow" I said, staring at the broken door. I looked at JJ for a few seconds, him also staring back at me. I suddenly threw myself into his arms, squeezing him hard.
"I missed you so fucking much" I whispered into his neck. I was very short compared to him.
"I missed you to Ella Bella" he said calling me my old nickname. He opened his mouth, about to speak.
"Questions later" I said holding up a finger.

As we got out the lift and out onto the now dark street, I saw a tall figure stumbling towards the building.
"Oh fucking shit" I whispered, hiding behind JJ.
"It that... Reece?" JJ asks.
"Yes come on let's just walk, make sure he don't see me" I panicked.
"Why don't we wait, I have a few things to say to this bellend" JJ says staring at Reece with anger.
"Jide please we need to leave" I beg
"Fine" he huffs

As we jump into JJ's car we pass Reece, still stumbling along the street. When he sees me his face goes from confusion to anger. He tries to run after the car, but falls over in his drunkeness.
"I will fucking find you and get you, you better hide you slut. You're in trouble." Reece shouts from the down the street.

His words are sharp through the silence; sending chills down my spine, and made tears spill from my eyes.