(4)

"Can I come in?" JJ asked, knocking on my door. I was currently lead on my bed, going over what had happened in the last 24 hours.
"Yeah sure" I shouted back
"We need to talk" he said sternly, closing he door behind him and sitting on my bed next to me. I sighed, not looking forward to the convocation ahead.
"I'll start from the start and tell you everything" I whispered. JJ held my hand and just nodded in approval.

"I started to date Reece when I was 17 and he was 18, this was a year after my parents died and your family moved away from Manchester. You always said that he was bad news, I should of trusted you. For a year everything was perfect, he was lovely, basically the perfect boyfriend. But it was all just a act. When I turned 18 he offered for me to come and live with him, an of course I took up the offer. I didn't get on with my auntie that I was living with, that's why I was basically round your house 24/7.
I moved in and everything was fine for about a month, but then things started to change. At first I didn't even notice it. Recce would ask who I was meeting, where I was going. Which is fine I guess. But then he gradually stopped me seeing all my friends, saying that they were awful and bad friends to me. I was so blind by love, I believed everything he said.
Eventually he cut me off from everyone, apart from you.
When he realised that I was still in contact with you, he took my phone. He told me that I couldn't talk to you. That is when I started to become suspicious.

After this I started to realise what was happening. I saw how I never left the flat, I had no contact with friends, how I would be inside the flat while he goes out until all hours then coming back and... Using me.
One night about a year ago I asked him about all of this, why this was happening. That was they day he started to abuse me."

I let out a sob, remembering everything.

"I decided that I had enough, told him I was leaving. He broke my arm and cracked the back of my head open that night, I was in hospital for about a week with injuries. When I got out he told me that he would do worse if I ever tried to leave him.
Ever since that day I've had the same routine. I would be locked inside during the day and night while he was out drinking, when he got back he would abuse me as if it was a habit, a casual thing. Some night were worse than others.

One night I packed up and tried to leave, but he came back early that night, and found me trying to get out the door with my suitcase.
He nearly killed me that night. I was in a coma for a month. He told the hospital I fell down the stairs, again.

Last night I got angry at myself for letting this happened and destroyed the kitchen trying to get my phone, and then contacted you. And here I am now" I whispered.

I looked up at JJ for the first time since I had started talking, and saw he was staring at my bed, tears rolling down his cheeks.
"I am so sorry Ella Bella" he sniffed, hugging me tighter than he ever had before.
"It not your fault" I whisper, hugging him back.

A couple of hours later I was sat in my room, on my laptop. I was so happy I've told Jide everything. He's going to be so protective over me now, he told me himself.
I looked over to my right, where my guitar was stood. It was literally the only thing that got me through those bad days. I picked it up and began to strum, then sing.

(Fools- Troye Sivan)
I am tired of this place, I hope people change
I need time to replace what I gave away
And my hopes, they are high, I must keep them small
Though I try to resist I still want it all

I see swimming pools and living rooms and aeroplanes
I see a little house on the hill and children's names
I see quiet nights poured over ice and Tanqueray
But everything is shattering and it's my mistake

Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall
Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

Oh, our lives don't collide, I'm aware of this
The differences and impulses and your obsession with
The little things, you like stick, and I like aerosol
I don't give a fuck, I'm not giving up, I still want it all

I hear people at the door of my bedroom, but I ignore it and carry on.

Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall
Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

I see swimming pools and living rooms and aeroplanes
I see a little house on the hill and children's names
I see quiet nights poured over ice and Tanqueray
But everything is shattering and it's my mistake

Only fools fall for you, only fools fall
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall
Only fools fall for you, only fools fall
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

Only fools fall for you
Only fools do what I do
Only fools fall for you
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

By the end of the song I have tears silently down my cheeks. A slow clap from the door makes me look over and I see JJ, Vik, Josh and Simon clapping.
When JJ sees me crying he comes over and hugs me. Even Vik has tears in his eyes.
"It will be okay" JJ whispers. The others don't really understand why I'm crying, but by the lyrics of the song they can probably tell.

________________________________how are you liking the story?
Leave comments!!
C xox