Welcome To The Hotel California

"You can check-out anytime you like, but you can never leave"

Sage's POV

I smiled as I saw the looks on their faces. The brothers were both in awe. I ran to my living room and hopped onto my piano stool, nearly slipping off it but I managed to balance myself. I plopped my face on the cold piano keys and made it produce loud false notes. "Oh Tyler! I've missed you" I said stroking the polished keys.
"Tyler?" Dean joked.
"He's my piano" I answered.
"You named your piano Tyler?" He scoffed. "What did you name the Impala? Did you name it Pascal or something, Rapunzel?" I mocked.
"Hey don't talk that way about baby" He said in a serious tone.
"Alright alright" I rolled my eyes.

I suddenly heard a sweet faint call and the sound of bells. The sound made me light up.
"Spooky?" I called out. The sound of bells began to increase as I started running towards it and saw my precious baby. I picked him up and held him in a warm embrace. I walked towards the brothers who've never seen me react in such a way.
"This is spooky. He's like my baby" I said holding out the black Scottish fold cat towards them. They both had no response. I held him closer to me "Well he is my baby" I said stroking his head. Spooky wriggled and began to kick my arms. I decided to put him back down to let him. "Yeah he doesn't really like strangers" I shrugged. They just nodded understandingly.
"Aren't you gonna show us around?" Dean asked while smiling. This seems like the first time I've seen him with that expression.

Maybe they both don't get to stay in places like this often. I wouldn't be surprised anyway.

"Oh let me get that for you" I said suddenly noticing his duffle bag.
"No no I got it" he said pulling it closer to him.
"No but I have to. It's a family rule" I insisted as I reached for the duffle bag "Nope" He said pulling it towards himself. He ended up walking towards the couch in front of him and dropping it there. "Oh alright. I guess it's also a family rule to listen to the guest" I said uneasily. I didn't like that he just did that but I had to act okay.

Don't be so controlling.

Are you sure you don't want to be in control?

Shut up brain don't make me contemplate right now.

I shook the thoughts off and lead them upstairs to show them the guest rooms they'll be staying in and my room, even though there wasn't much to see except for the usual hunters stuff and a couple of baby photos.

As we walked downstairs, I heard the clock strike, hinting it was midnight. It made me jump and reminded me that I still didn't make dinner for my guests.
"You guys just hang around and you know watch TV here but whatever you do" I said looking at them making sure they're paying attention to me. "Don't go to the basement" I continued hoping they would actually listen to me.

Bad memories.

They nodded and I felt glad that they both knew how serious I am.
"Alright. I'm gonna make chicken with cream sauce, a side of mashed potatoes, and some slider burgers" I said. "Is that cool with you guys?" I asked. Both their eyes widened as if they've heard the best news they've ever heard. They both nodded and went to sit on the couch.

I headed to the kitchen and picked up all my ingredients. The thought of the basement sent shivers down my spine.
The memories.
The suffering.
The fears.

Not right now. Please I don't want to remember.

Here we go again.