Epilogue/ Its The Hardknock Life

Third Person POV

A chilly night that was quiet consumed the city. The streetlights didn't help illuminate it but it was bright enough to light up the pavement. People who didn't have a place to stay, slept in the cold shadows. Teenagers and adults together, huddling up and surviving the rough winter together. It was 4 Am. It was supposed to be quiet, although the silence seemed hauntingly terrifying.

The quiet city was soon disturbed by the sound of pounding footsteps echoing from the pavement, followed by a series of short breaths. The sound of police sirens wailed and pierced through the silence. The homeless people directed their attention to the girl with dark curls running for her life. "Stop in the name of the law!" The police roared through his loud speakers. The loud sound made the people cringe. But the girl hadn't stopped running.
"We've got a fugitive on foot" the police officer called out to his radio. "We're going to need backup!" He exclaimed.

More police cars appeared, and the dark haired girl had no place to hide and no space left to run. She was soon ambushed by police officers who were waiting in a corner, waving a gun in front of her "Get down right now!" The woman bellowed.
The girl had attempted to run the other way, but she soon felt a stinging shock that surged through her back and forced her to let out an involuntary scream. The electricity had made her legs collapse and she fell face first on the concrete floor. "Come on please help" She weakly whispered, but her pleas were interrupted by the police officer who pulled the probes off her back. She winced, still feeling the stinging pain.
"You are under arrest for the murder of William Salsberg" The police officer said tightening handcuffs.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be held against you"
The girl groaned as she felt blood flow from her nose as she was picked up. The other team of officers checked her pockets and found a knife, a gun, and a wallet. They took it away and decided to check the wallet. "Let's see here" The officer looked through her wallet and found 50 dollars, a photo of a cat, a drivers license , and a Nebraskan ID card. The police officer squinted her eyes and read the details. "Sage frost huh?" She raised her eyebrow.
Sage was taken inside the police car and fastened in a seatbelt.
"Lilvia what the hell?" She whispered angrily as the car began taking off.
"What was that?" The police officer asked, turning around.
Sage rolled her eyes and directed her attention to the passing streetlights.
"You hurt your nose pretty bad" The other officer noticed.
"Is it broken?" Sage asked.
The officer took a closer looked and pulled out a tissue paper then wiped the blood off. "It don't look broken" The police officer answered.
"Well isn't that a relief" She said.
               ____________________

After what seemed like hours, Sage felt tired of the irrelevant questions the police had asked, like where were her parents and if she had any relatives. She seemed fairly annoyed to be put in a place to take her mugshot with a prison ID that read "904485". They had also taken her fingerprints for the sake of further investigations.

Sage was taken to an interrogation room afterwards for further questions. An agent raised his eyebrows as he stepped in the room and took one look at Sage.
"Sage Frost, 16 year old and charged with first degree murder" He said.
"Well all your records are clean and well actually, you have no known records at all. From the looks of it, you don't even exist" He exclaimed.
"Wow really?" She said sarcastically.
"So why do it? Why suddenly expose yourself? Why kill William Salsberg, head of Salsberg Enterprises?" He asked.
Before she was able to answer anything, another man walked in, holding a briefcase. "Hello agent. There will be no further questions. I will be speaking with Miss Frost privately" The man said.
The agent gave a smug look before leaving the room.
"Hello Sage I'm your attorney, David Rivers and I'm here to work your case" David placed his briefcase on the table.
"So Sage you've murdered someone huh? Well you've really gotten yourself in a mess here and no judge is going to grant you bail, but I'm here to help" He said looking at Sage.
"So what do you plea? Guilty or not guilty?" He asked.
"Well honestly, if I plea not guilty, no one would believe me either way. They'd just think I'm a nut job and I deserve to be in an asylum for the rest of my days" She groaned.
He moved closer, only inches away from her face. "Try me" He grinned.
"Alright just back away a little. This is just uncomfortable" She said.
He backed away slowly, not losing eye contact.
"Alright. Let's start with why I'm here when I'm supposed to be in Nebraska" she sighed.
"Something came up and I had to come here urgently to try and fix it, unfortunately, a family enemy found out I was in her hometown and she framed me" She continued.
"So where were you on the time of the murder?"
"I was at Travelodge Motel in Odessa while the murder took place in San Angelo, and that's quite far if you ask me" She said.
"So what proves it?" He asked.
"Well you could check Salsberg's security cameras or check the motel I stayed in" She shrugged.
"Thank you for cooperating Sage, but unfortunately, they're going to keep you in Silverwater County Jail until further investigations" He sighed.
"Can I at least have a phone call?" She asked looking hopeless.
"Sure" He said taking out his phone.
"Just know that this will be monitored and recorded" He said.
Sage dialed a phone number and hoped Dean Winchester would pick up. A few patient rings and the phone was finally answered.
"Heyy! This is Sage Frost. You haven't forgotten about me have you?" She sarcastically said.
"Sage what the hell? Where are you calling from? And why are you calling at 6 Am?" He said with a hoarse and sluggish voice.
"I'm calling on my attorney's phone" she said nervously.
"Attorney- wait what did you do?" He suddenly yelled.
"Well I was framed for a murder and I'm going to prison until they find the actual murderer" She smacked her lips
"Where are you now?!" He raised his voice, worriedly.
"Odessa, Texas" She sighed.
"I don't have time. I'm sorry" She apologized. "No Sage wait-" Dean's voice was cut off by Sage hanging up the phone.
Sage handed the phone to David.
"I'm sorry it ended up like this Sage" He said sadly.
"You tried your best" Sage said calmly even though deep down inside she felt a certain anger. She couldn't wait to escape from prison and stab the shapeshifter repeatedly in the face.

                    _____________________

Sage was breathing heavily as the prison bus was driving her to Silverwater County Jail. She repeatedly thought of how the shapeshifter had outsmarted her and how they'd never believe Sage because if the police had discovered the shapeshifter's—Tara was her name—fingerprints and ran some DNA tests, the results would match Sage's. She then thought about how long her sentence would be. She could serve a life sentence or she could probably get executed but wouldn't it be a shock when they decided to kill her and she sprouted back to life.
The bus had finally come to a stop. "Alright inmates let's move it" The bus driver called out. Sage stood up, nearly falling.
(Curse these chains) she thought as she rattled them a bit.
As she walked out and met the guard who was to escort her to her cell, her eyes met with other inmates who she hadn't quite focused on on the bus. Sure they were new but they still had the look that screamed drugs or death.
"Oh boy" she whispered to herself.

(A/N)
Well well well. What a huge turn of events? Whatever shall happen to Sage who got herself in a pickle and happens to be in a grumpy mood? Oh well I guess you'll find out when I publish a new fanfic. Heh.
(Also Silverwater County Jail is a prison I made up lol)
-Latifa (the meme)